Bird Launchers

wilsoncs3980

Looking for recommendations on bird launchers. I'm planning on getting one with a remote. What should I look for besides one that is somewhat quiet?

Anyone got a used one they want to sell?

I do like the trap door feature for loading. I watched a couple youtube videos, they seem to be pretty quiet too...

I have a DT launcher. I also made up some manual launchers.
It's a good training tool ( I let my kid control the remote) but it works better to let the dog make the mistakes by bumping birds to learn to stay back and staqy steady.
For the money I would pull flight feathers or tie the bird up to a weight so they can only fly so far.
If you buy one look on Craiglist. I got mine 1/2 price. new in box. If your ever in MN stop over you can use it all day.

I have 3 of the DT's that I have had for a 2-3 years and they have worked flawlessly. They are relatively quiet and the door does make it easier to load, though I find myself loading the old way and not using the door sometimes.

The only negative I can find in the ones I have is that you have to use this little magnet thing that you hold over a certain area to turn them on and off. I am always afraid I am going to loose it so I have it attached to the lanyard for the remote. I have used other DT's that had a button instead of using the magnet and those were great.

Overall I would buy the DT's again if I was needed new launchers.

Looking for recommendations on bird launchers. I'm planning on getting one with a remote. What should I look for besides one that is somewhat quiet?

Anyone got a used one they want to sell?

I am in the the Cincinnati area and have two manual launchers that are still in the box. You can have them. Always willing to help someone in the sport.
DT are great, I have 4 small and one large. I raise 1000 or so quail every year and 100 or so phez. I can get you some birds at cost during the spring and summer. I use a sportsman 1502 incubator in which 1/2 go into a surrogator and the rest used for training and a few fun hunts.
We also have a pigeon coup with homers. PM me if you want them:cheers:

Beaglebob1,
Dude your a stand up guy willing to help a fellow guy iut. I'd be priviledged to buy ya a beer one day. Way to go.:cheers::cheers: :10sign:

that was help a guy out, I guess ifin you type like I do you aughta check everything out before you hit the submit reply :)

I hear ya. I have to edit all the time:cheers: Like to help when I can. Give a lot of beagles to folks every year. Good dogs just not what I would keep.
Then again have had them come to a field trial and beat me with the dog:(
Gave a GSP started dog to a fellow in TX. waiting to see how that turns out. He paid shipping and I paid the vet bills. He is on this forum, its his first bird dog so I gave her a bit more field time and shot some birds for her:thumbsup:

Thanks for all the input guys, I haven't been on this forum long but I've sure have found a lot of guys willing to share a wealth of information. Bob, I sent you a PM. I look forward to meeting you .

I hear ya. I have to edit all the time:cheers: Like to help when I can. Give a lot of beagles to folks every year. Good dogs just not what I would keep.
Then again have had them come to a field trial and beat me with the dog:(
Gave a GSP started dog to a fellow in TX. waiting to see how that turns out. He paid shipping and I paid the vet bills. He is on this forum, its his first bird dog so I gave her a bit more field time and shot some birds for her:thumbsup:

Beaglebob is a helluva guy! I'm the recipient of the GSP. She's awesome! We went to KS and she got up a dozen birds in 3.5 days of hunting! I've got a trainer lined up for heard she'll be a great hunter. She's already made herself at home and part of the family!

Back