Best Hunting Gloves?

The receiver gloves are very thin but they are gripping...just watch some of the greatest catches and you can see the glove played a major role. The Neumann that I wear is a soft leather palm with insulated back. With some silk liners they are still very easy to wear and use and keep hands somewhat comfortable down to single digits.

Here are the cold weather golf gloves I use, and shot at the national with. They feel as if you have nothing on. Awesome gloves. I am ordering more myself. And like I said earlier, the thin soft leather on the palm side grips like glue. I have tried out countless gloves, because of all the shooting I do. And these have by far been the best find for me.
I am 6' tall, and wear the xl size.

https://jplann.com/products/rain-cold-weather-golf-gloves

Last edited:
I'm intrigued by those golf gloves, look pretty warm and grip is probably excellent. I'm in the "no one pair is going to work all season" camp. Early til temps get down in the 20s or teens I stick with the deer leathers. I don't have huge hands so I get the biggest womens' pair I can (they seem to be made of thinner material) and they are usually just right especially after a little breaking in. When it gets cold I go to my cabela's outfitter wools, leather palms, wool back with 40g insulation. Unfortunately, they have discontinued those so I will be searching for a new pair soon myself.

Unfortunately, they have discontinued those so I will be searching for a new pair soon myself.

That's the problem with gloves these days (& boots too). Most manufacturer's don't make the same model very long, even if it's just ragg wool. Years ago I had a pair of rag wool, Thinuslate, w/ leather palms. LOVED them!! Eventually they wore out & when I tried to replace them, the closest thing I could find had this ridiculously long gauntlet on them that made them nearly unwearable. Not sure why they feel they have to fix things that aren't broken.

For many years, I used a pair of fingerless gloves that had some synthetic grip material on the palms.

As I have gotten older, I find myself more negatively affected by the cold. Being frugal (read that poor), I end up using mechanic gloves from stores like Menards or Home Depot. I like best one of the Rugged Wear brand of gloves.

https://www.menards.com/main/home-decor/apparel/gloves/performance-gloves/rugged-wear-reg-mens-performance-gloves/6602874/p-1444421906099.htm

I try on several pairs until I find the ones that feel right.

I use these gloves for cold weather bird hunting as well as skeet shooting.

That's the problem with gloves these days (& boots too). Most manufacturer's don't make the same model very long, even if it's just ragg wool. Years ago I had a pair of rag wool, Thinuslate, w/ leather palms. LOVED them!! Eventually they wore out & when I tried to replace them, the closest thing I could find had this ridiculously long gauntlet on them that made them nearly unwearable. Not sure why they feel they have to fix things that aren't broken.

I tend to agree. Makes you think about buying several pair once you find something you really like. You just don't know how long they'll be around.

Been wearing Nomex flight gloves for the last five years or so. Durable. Fingertips do get cold on chilly mornings though. Grip very well. May have to try the golf gloves mentioned above. Tried winter golf gloves once but they did nothing for me on cold mornings. One pair of flight gloves has lasted five years and they’re still in excellent shape. I do hunt a lot.

Last edited:
I would give them a try guys, they are only 15-16 bucks. I just keep them for the gun and that's it. They are not for work and play. The palm side is a synthetic rubber on leather or something? Very flexible, and thin. I think you will be impressed. And they will hold up to some moisture as said, which is nice. They go in my shooting bag and stay there till I strap on the vest and pull out the p shooter. One pair has lasted a year. I had 2 but my damn dog chewed up one LOL. Like above I am ordering a dozen pair in case they quit making them.

I did that with Under Armor Valsetz boots LOL. I got wind they discontinued them so I snapped up about 9 pair that I could find. :)

PS, the JP lann gloves in the link above I did find at Dunhams sports. No clue if other stores stock them however. I got the last 2 pair in my store for the golf season. My guess is they get more in during early fall summer months.

I tend to agree. Makes you think about buying several pair once you find something you really like. You just don't know how long they'll be around.

Right! Seems that by the time I really figure out I like some piece of hunting garb and feel like it is lasting like I want I can't find the same ones (gloves, boots, upland pants, etc.). Or like A5 said they will make some change that really degrades the item, for my purposes anyhow.

Sales dictate whether certain products continue or not and some of that can also be the cost to manufacture while increasing their bottom line. Always looking to cut manufacturing costs buy trying to find cheaper alternative materials or subbing it out to other countries for the cheap labor. Look no further than the crap that comes out of China these days.

Been using Geier gloves for four seasons now. They are worth the money imo, I've worn one set for 3 seasons now. The kangaroo skins are ultra thin and tough and the deer skins are nearly as good.

I have struggled with this question for years now hunting in Minnesota. The gloves are either too bulky to operate the firearm or too flimsy to keep my poorly circulated fingers warm! I decided to solve this problem this year.

It's called SleeveShield and let's you operate your firearm with no glove at all. Moisture proof, wind proof and optionally heated it allows me to be in the field or in the woods all day.

You can view it here: http://www.shelloutdoors.com

Would love this community's feedback!

I have struggled with this question for years now hunting in Minnesota. The gloves are either too bulky to operate the firearm or too flimsy to keep my poorly circulated fingers warm! I decided to solve this problem this year.

It's called SleeveShield and let's you operate your firearm with no glove at all. Moisture proof, wind proof and optionally heated it allows me to be in the field or in the woods all day.

You can view it here: http://www.shelloutdoors.com

Would love this community's feedback!

Your product is extremely intriguing. How easily does your hand slip in and out of the sleeve? The pictures on the site don’t make it obvious how it works.

Thanks for registering to sell your product.
I would recommend Footjoy cold weather golf gloves or Under Armor Cold Gear football gloves. You can Google both.
I wear a brown jersey glove inside a well worn deer hide leather glove.

Back