Beretta a400 xplor or Benelli ultralight

quail hound

My brother is trying to decide between these two before our SD trip. Give your input and I'll pass it on to him.:cheers:

My son has the 400 ,great duck and goose gun.my hunting buddy has a ultra light great pheasant gun .Next gun I'll buy will be ultralight

We asked a few local guns shope guys who repair guns order parts etc same question well we asked witch gun do u work on more they all basicly said we own benelli but recommend a Beretta we hardly work on them... WE have Beretta & wondered if benelli was better etc all in all u can't go wrong with either it seems...

Beretta is my vote reliable guns all season all game all loads...

My brother is trying to decide between these two before our SD trip. Give your input and I'll pass it on to him.:cheers:

If he is just going to use it for SD pheasants and some Calif. quail I'd recommend the Benelli Ultralight.

If he is just going to use it for SD pheasants and some Calif. quail I'd recommend the Benelli Ultralight.

I think that's what he's leaning towards but we went and looked at them and the Beretta is really nice. Without the kick off system it weighs nearly the same too.

The one that fits him best. What gauge is he getting? He should be able to do any work on it himself. It's part of the drill.

I had a Beretta 390 for awhile and just found it clumsy. Only shot gun I ever sold.

I have the 400 in 20g and love it. used it all last season for pheasant. light to carry and super fast shots. shoots faster than my benelli Vinchi. of course i dont think you could go wrong with either.

The one that fits him best. What gauge is he getting? He should be able to do any work on it himself. It's part of the drill.

I had a Beretta 390 for awhile and just found it clumsy. Only shot gun I ever sold.

He's getting a 20ga.

Both are great guns. If you are shooting high power stuff the beretta would be my chose. The problem I have with beretta is I think they are too pricey

I really like my A400. No issues with it after a season of clays and hunting. To my eye, it looks like the quality of the machining on the A400 is better than my old 391 Xtrema 2. But that's just my impression from stripping it and cleaning, etc.

I was annoyed the price jumped so much between the 2 models, and they only included 3 chokes instead of the 5 that came with the previous model...

Still, I have been very happy with my purchase, and have another friend who shot one last season and liked it also. I don't have any experience with the Benelli, but you know they are the same company. I imagine it is a quality product also.:cheers:

I wish I could find another old gas 390 silver mallard like I use now its my dads but he like his Ithaca model 37s so it working out for now... I've killed. a truck load of birds with this thing I it work for me...

He decided on the Beretta. Had to special order as the gunshop only carries 28" barrel guns and he wanted a 26". $1400 and some change out the door, should have it before mountain quail starts.:cheers:

I love my old 390. when I want to carry a 20 ga, I'll pull out my 391. It's hard to beat a 390 though. Maybe one of these days i'll take the plunge on a 400. I really need to try one first.

I really love my AL390's. I have two of them. One camo synthetic (for waterfowl) and one wood stock for field use. I really love how it shoulders and the light recoil. Not the lightest shotgun, but a great design, and very reliable.

Back