Benelli Ultralight

niceshot

Great report. My father-in-law and I tried out his new gun yesterday. He thinks its magic. We shot hand clays, and without a doubt it was the best he has ever shot, even at age 56 and after L rotator cuff surgery this winter. The suprised grin on his his face was priceless. Picture a man getting out of a Corvette after having driven a Ford LTD Wagon for the past 40 years. I was also very impressed. I am 6' 4" #240 and thought for sure the 24" barrel would feel like a toy and be "whippy", but the between the hands balance was excellent. The recoil was amazingly light for a 6lb 12 guage. I don't like the looks of the raised rib as well as the Monte, but that's just a quiblle. When a gun shoots this well, I am sure it will keep looking better and better. All you guys shooting 16's and 20's at wild roosters better raid the hunting fund and run to the gun store, this guns for you.

I'm with Mike on this. That gun is goes against all I believe a good should be......Bob

I believe you but to each his own, my bird dog mentor age 84, carried a Franchi 20 ga, w/ 24" barrel and loved it for quail, now me, I don't care for it but have added two 20 gauge guns (Browning light 20, Lefever SxS 20) to share field time with my Browning light 12 ga. I am glad he found one he loves, that keeps a good hunter afield!

Wish you the best on the Benelli. I have had 7-8 of them. Wasn't impressed with any of them. I'll stick to my stacked barrel guns also.

My dad also purchased one last year and loves it. I think it has more to do with it being the first gun that has truelly fit him correctly. I have shot it a time or two and I will tell you that with 3" goose loads the kick well.... it kicked my big butt around pretty good and I am 6'2" 225. I think for pheasant/quail you can't really go wrong if you are a smaller framed individual but you start shooting waterfowl and the light weight starts playing against you. I will stick to my OUs in either 12 or 20.

I have the Benelli Cordoba and they don't kick . I dove,duck sporting clay with it . Its light and shoots where I look . Its never misfired even when its been not clean as it should of been . I've shot 390's 391's and they did mess up when they weren't cleaned often. I also shot 525 OU but there heavy and do kick. But I guess it everybody opion what they like but I am sold on them Benelli Cordobas

Its Magic

Great report. My father-in-law and I tried out his new gun yesterday. He thinks its magic. We shot hand clays, and without a doubt it was the best he has ever shot, even at age 56 and after L rotator cuff surgery this winter. The suprised grin on his his face was priceless. Picture a man getting out of a Corvette after having driven a Ford LTD Wagon for the past 40 years. I was also very impressed. I am 6' 4" #240 and thought for sure the 24" barrel would feel like a toy and be "whippy", but the between the hands balance was excellent. The recoil was amazingly light for a 6lb 12 guage. I don't like the looks of the raised rib as well as the Monte, but that's just a quiblle. When a gun shoots this well, I am sure it will keep looking better and better. All you guys shooting 16's and 20's at wild roosters better raid the hunting fund and run to the gun store, this guns for you.

I LUV my BUL! :10sign:

I have several 20s and 16s doubles and they are the bee's knees in the grouse woods here at home, no doubt. But the BUL is what I carry in Sodak in November and during the December grouse season here, when the weather is apt to be snotty and snowy. The weatherproof finish is great.

I have the 24" barrel and its the same length as my Beretta 686 with 28" tubes. It balances great for me and is the absolute best balanced 12 GA auto I'v ever shot and I've had my hands on most of them.

Benelli has now come out with a 20 and even a 28 on that format, but in my hands the 12 Ga is the pick of the litter.

NB

I handled one at a gun show last year but was afraid to shoot it. It handled so well that I new if I pulled the trigger I would be lusting after one. I had just purchsed a new gun the year before and was not in the budget.

Back