Beeper Collar Question

Chuckles

Hey Guys,

I currently run Mojo with an E-Collar and for this fall's season I'd like to get a beeper so I can find him in the tall grass - especially when he is on point, however I'm not interested in a beeper that is always beeping or a bell always jangling alerting every pheasant to our presence.

Is there a beeper out there that has a hawk screech when the dog is on point and also the ability to beep when I press a button on the remote? All of the collars I see don't have that capability - and I don't understand why. Is it just that it isn't advertised?

Any help would be appreciated

Chuck

TriTronics makes what you want including the hawk screech. The Dogtra collar/beeper will do what you want but doesn't have the hawk screech. I just purchased the Dogtra 2502 T&B (2 dog system) collars with the beeper in the receiver. I like the fact that ist's more compact for my Brittanys.

I have the dogrta 2500T&B i love it. I am getting ready to buy a double collar now that i have 2 dogs.

DT makes a remote beeper collar model BTB-809DLX. This is a beeper collar only. It comes with a small remote, that allows you to turn the beeper on and off. By doing so, you do not have to listen to the beeper all the time.

Features

Easy Operation - One touch push button system
Long Range Audibility - Audio booster element
Reliability - State-of-the-art microcomputer technology
Two Operating Modes - Run/Point, or Point only
Rechargeable Batteries - Charger included
Completely Waterproof
Remote Control Activation - (BTB 809 only) 250 yard range
picture.php

This will work if you have a close in working dog.

I also use the Dogtra 2502 T&B (2 dog system) collars with the beeper in the receiver as well, I have two of these systems.:10sign:

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I currently run Mojo with an E-Collar and for this fall's season I'd like to get a beeper so I can find him in the tall grass - especially when he is on point, however I'm not interested in a beeper that is always beeping or a bell always jangling alerting every pheasant to our presence.

Is there a beeper out there that has a hawk screech when the dog is on point and also the ability to beep when I press a button on the remote? All of the collars I see don't have that capability - and I don't understand why. Is it just that it isn't advertised?

Any help would be appreciated

Chuck

Are you looking to purchase another collar w/beeper functions or just adding a stand alone beeper?

I have the dogrta 2500T&B i love it. I am getting ready to buy a double collar now that i have 2 dogs.

Check with FCSpringer on this site. He sells Dogtra collars. I just bought a 2502 T&B from him for as good a price as I could find any where.

Thanks for all the replies, but birdshooter hit it on the head. I just spent $290 on a SportDOG 1825, I don't want to buy a different collar (like the T&B) to get the screech. Not to mention, I bought the 1825 for a reason- great range, vibrate, tone and stim, good battery life, etc.

I don't mind if it is a separate collar, but I want it to be reasonably priced - I don't want to add another $300 collar just to beep when i press a button.

Ideally I would get http://www.gundogsupply.com/sd-ab-uplandhunter-add-a-beeper.html but it doesn't work with my 1825.

OKIEGunner has the right idea - and I have seen that product - but I would like a screech if I am going to spend a couple hundred bucks

Maybe I have to accept that there isn't anything like what I am looking for out there

Chuck

Would it work if I bought a

http://www.gundogsupply.com/sd400-tx.html

and the

http://www.gundogsupply.com/sd-ab-uplandhunter-add-a-beeper.html

and used the tone button on the remote to activate the beeper?

I wouldn't want to buy both and then have it not work!

Chuck

Chuck, let's see if I have this right. You spent $290 on your current SportDog collar. Now you are thinking of spending another $210 to make it into the beeper collar you want. If you go this route you will have $500 invested. Seems to me you would be better off selling your current collar and then purchasing a collar that does what you want Like the SportDog 1850 or the TriTronics Sport Upland G3. Either can be purcahsed for around $369. Bear in mind that the Dogtra 2500T&B does not have a hawk screech.

you're right - I was hoping to find a used transmitter - the two you mentioned don't have a vibrate - which I would like to keep. If I can't see him I might vibrate the collar to be sure I have his attention - although I wouldn't want to give him stim.......

I might just have to deal with the fact I can't have everything I am looking for.

Chuck

I might just have to deal with the fact I can't have everything I am looking for.

Chuck

Exactly what I ended up doing. I had to give up the Vibrate when I went from the Dogtra 202NCP to the Dogtra 2502T&B. I could control my Brittanys with the Vibrate just as if I was using a low stimulation. They didn't know the difference. But I rarely had to use either the vibrate or stimulation so I figured it realy wan't a big deal. The ability to control the beeper from the transmitter was more important to me. Good luck with whatever you end up with.

Back