archery?

LOL. around here. its kinda hard to win because it seems more people show up for raffles and beat the population of Pierre!!!!

Matthews is where its at. But thats the only brand I've shot. A good release is what I have trouble finding.

Cap try a "Judge" by Cobra I think. Also get two releases, If one breaks you have a spare in your case. Never had it happen but never know. Forgot mine before and hunted any way. Had a shot and LOL realy hard, the arrow does not take any where near the same path as with the release.

you only shot a mattews because i sold it to you cheap. hey guys if matthews is so great how come they come out with a new bow about every 6 months??? i like my hoyt ultra tec. shots great and very forgiving. price was right to . $20 worth of raffle tickets.

It's called hard work and dedication. Research and sucess.
That has no bearing on on quality. I have friends shooting them that they have had for many years.You can still get parts for all if needed. But some like the constant new inovation, giving deals on slightly broke in Bows. And they hold their value + keep selling.

Ill def check out a Mathews. however, i dont want something LONG in axel to axel, Im looking for compact, lightweight. for you Mathews owner, what model should I ask for when trying them out?

I dont need a full 70 draw weight either. 50-60 is good enough for me.

I know guns more than bows so at least i can help Dakotazeb pick a handgun, i know nothing of bows.. so help me out here.

sounds like i probably wont regret a Mathews... Ill check into it.

has anyone tried Splitfire bows? Cabelas seems to carry alot of them.

Kryptic at Bass Pro is made by Bowtech-Diamond.

I have noticed a lot of people push Mathews on the web, but at all the shops I've been to, not one pro has suggested Mathews.
:confused:

All the shops had Mathews bows, just thought it was odd that they weren't pushing them. I'm not saying that they are a bad product or anything like that.
It's all 100% what fits and is comfortable to the shooter, that's the bottom line. That is what makes the difference in accuracy -confidence and comfort. I would shoot a knock off it was the most comfortable and felt the best. To you it is Mathews, to me-Bowtech. I'm not a Bowtech fanboy either. I have been out of archery for a while and have just gotten back into it. I shot alot of different setups before choosing what I did.

The top 5-6 manufacturers are all good. There seems to be so many models just within the manufacturer that you could select the wrong bow for you pretty easy. better know the trade off and what your requirements are.

Birdman, what ones have you tried and when are you going to shoot more?

i gotta keep in mind though. Even if i get a mathews and need a fix. theres no mathews bow service around here unless I wanna drive to Mitchell every time.

Hoyt, Bowtech, Diamond, Bear, PSE are all here in Pierre for me.

If I get a Mathews, I wonder how much it would cost to get into selling Mathews around here. I havent seen one yet in Pierre to sell them.

I dont think i could sell them privately anyways.

wow. Runnings farm and fleet are the Bowtech store... they did NOT have the bow in LH for me. they refuse to ORDER one for me to TRY it out unless i give them a down payment and BUY the bow. the only way they would take it back would be a refund and a percent to restock it. NO friggin way i was gonna ORDER three different bows to try out and buy them all, pay a restocking fee if i didnt like any of them. That def made my day!

wow.. I'm so loving that store so bad!

i asked them so if i had you get it, where would you let me shoot it? they said out back. (not an appropriate range either)

Runnings Farm & Fleet gets Thumbs down for archery.

they carried Bear, Hoyt, Bowtech and Diamond by Bowtech

You are learning a valuable lesson. Anyone can sell a bow for a price but when that big boy walks under your stand you need to know that your equipment is dialed in and finely tuned and only a dealer that specializes in the sport and knows the gear can do that for you. Buy from that person. I prefer the smaller shops that specialize.

You may be better off with the brand that that small guy can setup and service local to you there.

BTW, you don't have to go to WI for monster bucks. You've them right there under your nose.

hi my oldest son shot a parker when he was shooting tournaments. we spent the most money on rugged quality sights that could be adjusted without tools. arrows where top notch to with stand the rigors of daily shooting. a block target we have has withstood thousands of shots and still going strong. IMO setting up a bow is kind of like setting up a praire dog rifle. need good optics. cant hit what you cant see. need a good arrow and broadhead combanation to withstand todays super fast bows. this is like devoloping an accurate handload. guess what i'm tring to say is don't get too hung up on what brand or model of bow to buy. lots of great bows on market. get what can be serviced locally. shot what feels good and get it set up by someone who knows what they're doing. not by the guy who had to work the archery counter that day at the big box store. this way of thinking worked well for my son. he has won 2 national championships and at one time held national scoring record in the cub division of 600 119x. when he starts shooting again this is the way he will do it. 4 screws in his right shoulder from a football injury has stopped his shooting for now. good luck picking a bow and hope you enjoy your new sport.

This is what's waiting on me when I get home.
Fully fitted, rigged out & tuned 2010 Bowtech Admiral.
The wife got it for me while I'm out on the road working.
i might be loved (spoiled) just a little :D
admiral.jpg

I have had several different types of bows. I finally got a Matthews. As far as I'm concerned the buck stops there. I think every bow has some kind of charteristic you either like, dislike, or just deal with. Find the one that has the least and you have the bow you will be the best with.

Back