archery?

PM sent B,M. I just looked at some new ones and might sell mine now. It is only 2years old and used one season. Not a smudge or nick on it. Looks like factory new. Barely broke in. But I see a shorter one now I like again. Also one that flaps arrows out to 360+ FPS. I think mine is at about 320FPS. Those new slim limbs and the 3.5- 3.75 pound bows are nice for the hiking. So hear I go again, now you got me going again with that new tec stuff. Hard to believe they just keep coming out with new ones every year.

PM sent B,M. I just looked at some new ones and might sell mine now. It is only 2years old and used one season. Not a smudge or nick on it. Looks like factory new. Barely broke in. But I see a shorter one now I like again. Also one that flaps arrows out to 360+ FPS. I think mine is at about 320FPS. Those new slim limbs and the 3.5- 3.75 pound bows are nice for the hiking. So hear I go again, now you got me going again with that new tec stuff. Hard to believe they just keep coming out with new ones every year.

what do you expect? in order to keep with the competition, they have to come up with new technology or new bows to keep people interested in archery!

Im surprised no one has mentioned Hoyt Bows yet. they must not be that good let alone Bear products.

so far for compact bows like

Bowtech Soldier, 40-65 draw weight, 80% Let off, 22-29 draw length. 300 fps

Hoyt TurboHawk 30-70 draw weight, 30 length 320 fps

Bowtech Vital Impact 50-70 draw weight, 65-80 let off, 300 fps

Mathews Monster 40-80 draw weight, 80 let off, 353 fps

all are compact to me.. like less than 33' in axel to axel

mathews is worth checking out for that kind of specs.

Last edited:
shoot an admiral or iceman, you wont be dissapointed.
I shot several different bows at a shop in Iowa and those were the smoothest to me

shoot an admiral or iceman, you wont be dissapointed.
I shot several different bows at a shop in Iowa and those were the smoothest to me

I plan to shoot as many bows before deciding. besides the season doesnt open for awhile anyways and is way longer season than rifle. I have just the perfect place to hunt too.. no civilization for 5 miles and long stretch of trees. I gotta post pics of this of my uncle's land.

hunting5.jpg

hunting4.jpg

hunting3.jpg

hunting2.jpg

hunting1.jpg

all these pics are facing north to west to south... this is the main traffic for whitetails and other animals that pass through. this is where i first shot my buck in probably 2000.
theres a huge dam water where i can sit next to a tree and watch deer pass by. that pic is the 4th pic down or 2nd from last pic.
behind me is the old farm, and then down the road about 2 miles is where my uncles new farm is so there is NO ONE around for miles. makes it very quiet here other than this road, there is mild traffic.

I see dead deer in your future :cheers:

there has been 3 kills from me... my uncle has great success every year.. these bucks are awesome. I wished i had the first pic of my buck i had. it was a nice 5x5.

the biggest i gotten was what i showed on my thread i posted. 6x4 18.5 inches wide. someone reported a 24 inch wide rack 4x4 in the Winner area.

I use a long bow!!!!!!!!!! My 30-378!!!!! OH wait, your in law enforcement!! LOL
Really, I have owned Mathew's , And it is a big difference. They just shoot so smooth. Top Dollar, But worth every penny.

I use a long bow!!!!!!!!!! My 30-378!!!!! OH wait, your in law enforcement!! LOL
Really, I have owned Mathew's , And it is a big difference. They just shoot so smooth. Top Dollar, But worth every penny.

I swear i heard someone say something illegal.. who and what was it??? i cant quite figure it out.. it feels like its right under my nose.

anyways..

it sounds like i really need to check out a mathews... I hope its as good as it sounds... I just dont wanna pay for a brand name either and find out its not as good and regret wanting a different bow.

but like i said.. im gonna try them all THEN decide what i like. thats th best way to find one for me.

I take no one has seen the land i shoot deer most of the time on page 3 huh? very isolated place to be for bow hunting.

I take no one has seen the land i shoot deer most of the time on page 3 huh? very isolated place to be for bow hunting.

After close examination of your hunting ground pictures. I've determined It will take years of hunting by me only to determine if its any good. Are you going to fall for this:D Looks like a great spot. Should be lots of:10sign: pointers in your future.

After close examination of your hunting ground pictures. I've determined It will take years of hunting by me only to determine if its any good. Are you going to fall for this:D Looks like a great spot. Should be lots of:10sign: pointers in your future.

fall for it? only you huh!? lol it is an AWESOME place and i try not to go too much to dever their path. ive been hunting there off and on ( i try not to make a habit bc the deer will then know its a bad place to walk through. I havent been there in the last 4 years and my uncle says hes seen some nice size buck stroll there. I need to get a cam set up and see whats there.

i drove through there in 2008 when it was getting close to season end and i took those pics fo the heck of it. glad i saved it.

then a day later, i got my 6x4 buck at my farm house.

Matthews is where its at. But thats the only brand I've shot. A good release is what I have trouble finding.

you only shot a mattews because i sold it to you cheap. hey guys if matthews is so great how come they come out with a new bow about every 6 months??? i like my hoyt ultra tec. shots great and very forgiving. price was right to . $20 worth of raffle tickets.

thats great! i had a good year at pheasant and turkey banquets. won several guns. thats how the COOT gets stuff i sell him what i dont want:p

Back