Anyone hunt these states?

michigan pheasant hunting

the 2007 pheasant season in michigan proved to be mediocre, once again. I hunt in the very southeren part of the state(Lenawee Co). We have taken about 10-12 roosters and seen alot of hens. If anyone else hunts in michigan i would like to hear your point of view or suggestions on places to hunt.

Just curious on how the hunting is in other states not listed so far. Thanks!

Ohio here,,,,, the only birds we have are put out by the state,,, and they are usually stingy !!

We have been going out to Iowa for the past 18 years,, to hunt REAL birds !!!

With all the flooding this year,, and the bad weather and decline of birds last year,,, looks like me and the dogs might have to take up sewing !! :mad:

I hunt in Massachusetts only birds are put out by the state in desginated areas but the state does a nice job the stock over 40,000 birds a year more then any other new england state I have never hunted wild birds so cant draw a comparison but we have a great time out here

I hunt the state of Washington. Last season was a wash-out for me seen 3 birds and got 1........Bob

come on out

Ohio here,,,,, the only birds we have are put out by the state,,, and they are usually stingy !!

We have been going out to Iowa for the past 18 years,, to hunt REAL birds !!!

With all the flooding this year,, and the bad weather and decline of birds last year,,, looks like me and the dogs might have to take up sewing !! :mad:
kansas baby kansas is where its at!

I hunt central California and we have some great dove and quail hunting, but pheasant hunting is marginal at best. We have some good public land with good pheasant pops but the hunting pressure is very high on these lands. All in all I ended up with 10 roosters due mostly to a good dog.

I'm hunt in southern IN.... several spots with wild quail but I only shoot 1 or 2 at a time..so I hatch a bunch of quail and turn loose and travel west for the real thing..

Mulberry Messenger are prominent

Mulberry alexa are available in variety of colors and can be the key accessory of your dressing style. The generous size of the bag with the style check makes it perfect for day-to-night transition. The "it" bag has become the decisive accessory for young twenty something girls partying every night on. These types of Mulberry Bayswater Bags to be primarily brand-new and additionally accessible in low priced estimates. Hence going for these types of pre-owned bag is without a doubt yet another selection designed to mean you can like the course plus high quality a single give without the need of pay out good sized sums from revenue. Another attraction to using the big bag is the skinnier illusion it creates of the carrier adding much need excitement to any sort of unexciting outfit. Mulberry Factory Shop specially look good with huge glares adding more dramatic overall effect.

Mulberry Bayswater

Massachusetts

I hunt in Massachusetts only birds are put out by the state in desginated areas but the state does a nice job the stock over 40,000 birds a year more then any other new england state I have never hunted wild birds so cant draw a comparison but we have a great time out here

Bird hunting is OK here in the Western end of the state, pretty much the Conn Valley area along the Ct River. Yes it is a put and take 6 week season with no hunting on Sunday (old time blue laws). But not only does the state stock many areas but the sportsmans clubs raise birds and stock public areas. We do still have a few native birds but since they allowed shooting and taking of hens there are very few.
Opening day is usually a zoo no matter where you go so we chose a very large area with great cover to run 3 GSP's. In spite of the crowd we still managed a nice hunt and went 3 for 4 with 2 decent roosters (not like last year when the birds were so young they weren't even colored up yet). So just wondering if any one else is monitoring this thread.

Mulberry Messenger are prominent

Mulberry alexa are available in variety of colors and can be the key accessory of your dressing style. The generous size of the bag with the style check makes it perfect for day-to-night transition. The "it" bag has become the decisive accessory for young twenty something girls partying every night on. These types of Mulberry Bayswater Bags to be primarily brand-new and additionally accessible in low priced estimates. Hence going for these types of pre-owned bag is without a doubt yet another selection designed to mean you can like the course plus high quality a single give without the need of pay out good sized sums from revenue. Another attraction to using the big bag is the skinnier illusion it creates of the carrier adding much need excitement to any sort of unexciting outfit. Mulberry Factory Shop specially look good with huge glares adding more dramatic overall effect.

Mulberry Bayswater

wtf? who is that clown? what is he even talking about?

I now live in IL for last 5 years. I am originally from NJ. when I lived in NJ my wild bird hunting consisted only of woodcock and I hunted them hard during the season and late season I hunted them in Maryland. I also did a lot of waterfowling and I usually made 1 to 2 out of state trips for grouse-woodcock or pheasants. The NJ state game lands get stocked couple times a week with pheasants so we always had something to hunt. Now that I live in IL I luckily get to hunt 3-4 days a week. wild quail and pheasant and some state areas the state releases pheasants on. I make a yearly trip to Michigan U.P. to hunt grouse and woodcock and 4 years in a row I pheasant hunted North Dakota. Last January I made a return visit to Kansas for quail...hadn't been there since 2002. I have wanted to hunt Iowa last few years but still haven't made it there yet. I have done a lot of business in Iowa and have spent a lot of time there but have yet to enjoy some hunting. I have been doing a lot of online study about areas...bird counts bla bla bla....last year I spoke a lot on the phone with some DNR guys up there....but the hunting was soo good here I just couldn't leave. I hope some day to go wild chukar hunting in Utah. I have couple friends there. would be an EXPENSIVE trip though. I have been lucky to hunt a lot of states over the years...I have hunted birds in NJ, PA, ME, VT, MD, DE, WI, MI, MN, MT, IL, KY, TN, NY, KS and New Brunswick Canada...I'm probably forgetting one some where. God willing I hope to add to the list of states and good times and memories. If haven't taken a trip out of state to hunt...you NEED to...ha ha ha...I forgot CA and CO. I told you lol....woops...forgot MO too.

Last edited:
a buddy of mine from PA just moved to WY...he's only been there a couple weeks but he said he loves it...he's a die hard waterfowler but he already said he wants to get a shorthair because there is a lot of upland opportunities there. maybe I should pay him a visit!

Back