Another Day On The Prairie

gjw

Hey all, well my son Jim and I went for a little walk for grouse today, saw birds, but for some reason they sure were wild today. Didn't bust a cap all day, oh well that's why they call it hunting! Raina did as best she could, couple of good points, but nothing there. It was a perfect day, low winds, cool and overcast. Just something about being on the prairies I love, that nice cool breeze, no noise, I just love it!

Jim and Raina, Jim was using a 20ga Yildiz SxS

Until later!

Greg

Still looks like a fun day! I have certainly seen grouse numbers decline up there over the years. My first trip up there ten years ago we shot limits without dogs and usually didn't get out of eyesight of the truck! Good looking pup!!

Still looks like a fun day! I have certainly seen grouse numbers decline up there over the years. My first trip up there ten years ago we shot limits without dogs and usually didn't get out of eyesight of the truck! Good looking pup!!

It was a good day! Any day with either of my son's is a blessing. I sure am a lucky guy! Numbers are down a lot. The place where the picture was taken, in past years always produced limits, today we just saw 2 here. The other area we hunted had more birds, but again not like past years.

BTW, which pup were you talking about? The one on the left or right?

Best,

Greg

Both! I just got a new GSP pup back in march. This will be her first season in the field! Expectations are low but the excitement is high!!

Very nice picture! My fondest memories are hunting wide open country like that with my 2 sons and young dogs they helped train. By the way Thank You for your service!

Back