AMAZING day....

rascal

first off...I was invited to pheasant hunt a spectacular piece of private ground in northern Illinois that is specifically managed for pheasants....the land owner is a long time Pheasants Forever member and he had PF biologists design the outline for his 700 plus acres for maximum gain for the birds....it is an amazing place....we saw LOTS of birds....I'd say about 200. of course most were wild flushes at long range...we did have a bunch of points on hens and couple roosters as well....THEN.....on way back to their farm house....we spotted a covey of quail scurring about on edge of hedgerow next to the gravel road....we stopped. they ran into the brush....I shut vehicle off and started calling them with an essembly call .....2 little roosters immediately came out to investigate...then a few more of the others! one of the best things I've ever seen! we could have almost picked them up in our hands...as much time, money, miles traveled and sweat and tears I put into every hunting season chasing quail in multiple states.....I think I enjoyed just watching them even more...!

Cane pointing a hen.

Ace on point...

our covey or quail!

we counted 11 or 12 birds in the covey...not all them wanted to be Hollywood stars....5 or them came out and cooperated.....

That is awesome rascal!:)

It is experience like yours with the quail that keep us hunting!

I hope you feel very blessed to hunt such a place as your friends! I am sure he would get a gift or two from me!:D

Thanks again for posting Rascal. Many of us love to hear your stories and look at your photos.

All the more, thank you for the good news from your friends property here in N. IL.

Nick

Nice story Rascal. Habitat is an amazing thing, and when managed properly it is mind boggling how fast bird populations can escalate. Wish we had more land owners like this one.

Great job on the photos and story. And kudos to the land owner.

Back