Aluminum Dog Box?

Copper

I'm looking to purchase an aluminum dog box for the back of the truck. I currently just use the plastic crate that is secured with tie downs but want to make him as safe as possible during transportation.

Searching the internet has given me an idea of the different boxes but I was hoping to get some first hand accounts of different aluminum boxes and why or why not you would buy the same one or a different one.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

you need to buy the ANDERSON box its built to your specifications and it's built by dog owners for dog owners just call them for your custom box needs

Crow River has been out of bussniess for years. They did make a heck of a nice trailer.

I own a NorthStar trailer 1 1/2" insulation in the dog boxes My EP stays warm in January going down the road at 70mph in MN. and big enough for my Chessy during goose season. Dogs don't turn gray from the Alum. oxides and easy to clean Plus a life time warranty

+1 for the rufftough I have a couple of them, but if you want custom you should check out this site www.northstarplasticsinc.com/

best of luck,
conobirds

I'm getting a new SUV and was also thinking about getting a custom aluminum dog box, but now I'm thinking about custom plastic or just sticking with regular plastic crates. The plastic crates last nearly forever and are much lighter and more versatile. It seems like a heavy aluminum double box would be a pain to get in and out of the truck when you don't need it. You can get insulated covers for the plastic dog crates. I'm not seeing the benefit of custom aluminum boxes to justify the cost.

Depends on the vehicle...when we hunt with my dads Tahoe, it's plastic kennels in the truck; my Z71, it's an insulated Patriot two-door aluminum box. Not sure if Patriot is still around?

As for the aluminum turning fur black, I took self adhesive carpet squares and lined the sides of the box. Rubber mat on floor. No black fur.

Back