All My Shotguns

BritChaser

Bird hunted once in a while with borrowed guns from age 12 to my mid-40s. At 44, after a relo to near pheasant country, bought my first gun, a Stoeger Condor, at Walmart for $400 and then went all in on bird hunting. A budget gun, the Stoeger worked flawlessly and knocked 'em down just fine. I still have it and use it for turkey. Also used it last season when I took my nephew on a SD pheasant hunt and let him use my 625. Brag Warning: Went three for three on SD wild ones with the Stoeger.

Had a good payday in '99 so I bought my first house (used), my first SUV (used), a Citori (new), and my first bird dog (new pup). Life was good and, praise be, it continues.

Bought my third gun, the 625, a few years later and then gave the other Citori to a gunless friend. Back to two guns.

Yes, I have been a bit hoggish having owned three shotguns over time when one or two would have done just fine.

Last edited:
I admire your restraint. I’ve had more shotguns than I care to count and still own a number of them. Maybe not quite 20 currently.

nothing wrong with collecting guns if it's something you enjoy. my regular huntin' buddy is a collector.

Last edited:
Ericb said: "retail therapy" I like it!

I think my shortest tenured gun is from about 2018. I bought it for two reasons: a loaner for the HS trap team I coach and a 12 gauge to loan to my younger son for waterfowling since his normal field gun is a 20. I've had two primary field guns since I was about 15 years old. The first was a Browning A-5 Light(er) 20. That one's a safe queen now. When I was about 35 I went to an Ithaca 200e in 12. Along the way there was a Browning A-500G in 12 that I used for waterfowl for a while. Waterfowl has never been more than a sideline for me, so that gun was never more than a sideline.

My “want list” grows all the time and it’s really only ever for shotguns. When I go to Scheels, I first browse the used shotgun, shoulder a few, then browse the new ones, rarely picking any up. I like the little bit older, more obscure stuff. Looked forever for a Franchi 612, found it and bought it. Then the hunt was on for an older citori, found it and bought it. Now I see Franchi made a 912, so the hunt is on. The one Ive been after a while is the older Winchester 1300 NWtF with the laminated stock. Very rare around here and not a lot online either. And if Benelli ever moves the safety forward of the trigger on that sweet ultralight….

My “want list” grows all the time and it’s really only ever for shotguns. When I go to Scheels, I first browse the used shotgun, shoulder a few, then browse the new ones, rarely picking any up. I like the little bit older, more obscure stuff. Looked forever for a Franchi 612, found it and bought it. Then the hunt was on for an older citori, found it and bought it. Now I see Franchi made a 912, so the hunt is on. The one Ive been after a while is the older Winchester 1300 NWtF with the laminated stock. Very rare around here and not a lot online either. And if Benelli ever moves the safety forward of the trigger on that sweet ultralight….
…it would be in the wrong place.

I simply like guns. Finally had to get a second safe. Rifles in one. Shotguns in another. Both are over full with extras in corners and other rooms. Need to buy 2 more safes.

I try to do the 1+ gun a year game. Sometimes I win. Sometimes I lose. Sometimes I really really win.

I simply like guns. Finally had to get a second safe. Rifles in one. Shotguns in another. Both are over full with extras in corners and other rooms. Need to buy 2 more safes.

I try to do the 1+ gun a year game. Sometimes I win. Sometimes I lose. Sometimes I really really win.
Great philosophy! I told my wife when we got married I get one new gun a year. Sometimes one leaves, but there will be a new one to take its place. And certain ones will always stay.

Every shotgun (and firearm) I own has a specific use and purpose. I've gotten to the point with these now that I don't buy another one unless I need to replace one. There was really no point in buying one and just allowing it to sit in the safe for months at a time collecting dust.

I guess due to my line of work I have the opportunity to see all types of firearms and there is the problem.

Currently I have a 24 gun safe , a 48 guns safe ,and a JOBOX bolted to the foundation of the garage.
Have a note in each safe with each guns real values not what I told my wife I paid for them:ROFLMAO:

Back