Adding a Pudelpointer

Mine is pointing about anything at this point. I have a 160 of pasture across from me that was full of cows last night. She couldn’t figure out what they were so she gave a several minute point to let me know they were there. Yours is looking good. Starting to see the feathering on the feet coming in
Thanks, I think the coat is going to be exactly what I was looking for. I really didn’t want a “wooly” one.

7286130D-77AE-4ACD-AAB1-96BF29A9B9DA.jpeg
Bird intro today. Prey drive shouldn’t be an issue. It took two of us to get the bird out of his mouth though.

So Raven is a week into her training camp. I got a message Friday that she was doing well and had an incredible prey drive. As imagined they train primarily GSP’s with a few Weimaraner and other breeds worked in. My neighbor was a big trial trainer and trained with these guys in ND and Canada before he died a few years ago. Planning on going up late next week and watch a session. Here’s a picture of her pointing a pigeon on Friday. She occasionally does it in a classic style with the high tail and raised foot. Hopefully I get to see it this fall. Can’t wait.

Attachments

• 1E306A88-4AA2-4D7C-A078-ED7B7F43038A.jpeg
    1E306A88-4AA2-4D7C-A078-ED7B7F43038A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
So Raven is a week into her training camp. I got a message Friday that she was doing well and had an incredible prey drive. As imagined they train primarily GSP’s with a few Weimaraner and other breeds worked in. My neighbor was a big trial trainer and trained with these guys in ND and Canada before he died a few years ago. Planning on going up late next week and watch a session. Here’s a picture of her pointing a pigeon on Friday. She occasionally does it in a classic style with the high tail and raised foot. Hopefully I get to see it this fall. Can’t wait.
Looking good, Tom!

Looking good, Tom!
Thanks she seems to be pretty trainable. I am anxious to see what I get back in a few more weeks. Hopefully I will be able to get her on some birds. That’s what made Buddy was all the birds he got to see his first few years

After a day of pounding milo looking for birds. She was tired that night. At 10 months she did pretty good. Hunted hard with a couple retrieves. Scenting was tough but did manage a couple points at the end, unfortunately they didn’t hold for her.

Attachments

• 7F5F6C68-7E69-4CD2-AB3F-B0D3B67F88F0.jpeg
    7F5F6C68-7E69-4CD2-AB3F-B0D3B67F88F0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11
Back