Aberdeen Lodging

BritChaser

Please recommend a dog friendly motel in Aberdeen. Feel free to throw in a recommendation for a place to do some dust cutting and have a good meal.

If I recall most of the aberdeen hotels are dog friendly and some have bird cleaning areas, but has been a while since I looked. I can't help on the other inquires

I just bounced around a couple in Aberdeen and the one in Redfield which was more expensive and not a very good hotel. Redfield had Roosters you could pull a stool up at , it was ok I guess. The Mexican food restaurant was pretty good. In Aberdeen I just I just went to the grocery and had sushi and snacks

BDUBS? do not know this acronym.

I finally broke down just after last season and bought a house NW of Aberdeen. The intent was to rent it out to hunters, use it as a business write-off, etc, but I hadn't completely decided yet. 5000+ SF remodeled church that will sleep at least 6 comfortably, and a full 3 stall garage and a shed in the back I'm going to turn into a bird cleaning room.

Not super crazy about someone in my house, will they take care of it, etc so we'll see how it goes. Ideally I would just have a handful of groups each year that want to rent it and take care of it and of course, not hunt the days that I want to hunt!

Going up there this weekend to get closer to having it ready to spend some serious time there! Hunting season can't come soon enough!

I finally broke down just after last season and bought a house NW of Aberdeen. The intent was to rent it out to hunters, use it as a business write-off, etc, but I hadn't completely decided yet. 5000+ SF remodeled church that will sleep at least 6 comfortably, and a full 3 stall garage and a shed in the back I'm going to turn into a bird cleaning room.

Not super crazy about someone in my house, will they take care of it, etc so we'll see how it goes. Ideally I would just have a handful of groups each year that want to rent it and take care of it and of course, not hunt the days that I want to hunt!

Going up there this weekend to get closer to having it ready to spend some serious time there! Hunting season can't come soon enough!
Wetonka?

Is the refuge still serving food in Aberdeen? Been 25 years for me…
The Refuge has been gone for many years, maybe close to 20 years. It's now a funeral home.

Doesn’t mean there aren’t birds in cowboy country. Just saying. 😉
Oh I know! We had a couple big bang ups out that way. And I got my first ditch bird...while my buddy was driving 50...and I saw him crouching in 1" tall grass:rolleyes:. I shot, he dropped, subsequently got up, I had no shells chambered, he flew right smack into the top of a power pole and dropped again. Then the dog grabbed him😁

The Ramkota has promotional rates later in the season that are killer (and a decent bar/restaurant). Cannot remember where else we had supper, I guess it was only ok. South of town there is a sporting goods store shaped like an igloo that always has ammo and decent prices.

Back