A-5 Restoration

akp

Anyone ever used Art's Gun Shop in Missouri? I have a '70 Auto 5 and would like to get it restored....

Art's or Midwest gun works are the two top Browning restoration experts. Either will do you proud.

What does "restoration" mean? New parts, blueing, stock work?

Just curious. Send a photo of the gun, if you can.

Good Luck.

Recently(kind of) restored my '41- A5. Rather than use the expensive wood replacement parts, I used composite. Obviously it changed the appearance of the gun, but it's a bit lighter in weight and the composite will last forever. Ordered the parts on line: $55 for the forend and rear stock.

Please do a before and after pic!!! This is a good topic and lacks info ..... Thanks, Bleu:cheers:

I don't think I would have it reblued or the stock replaced unless the stock just wasn't safe.

I would have them go through the gun, clean and inspect. Put it back together and hunt on with it. Reblueing to me takes the romance out of an older gun and for sure drops the value on it.

Even if you never intend to sell it, sometime down the road someone will sell it.

Thanks for the responses guys. I know what I want to do with it. It has no sentimental value, so leaving as is isn't important. I've seen some of Art's work, so I'll probably send it there when I do. Duckn....hopefully my son will hang on to my guns.

Back