5 day hunt dec days flexible

iowa labs

i am from central ia but would be willing to work out a meeting point. i have hunted public areas in south dakota for a few years now. this is not my first but i will keep fishing for someone interested. good luck and thanks for looking.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
date change

i am glad to see a lot of people have looked at my post:). if i changed the date would some of you possibly commit? seemes like sort of a no brainer:rolleyes: my truck , my s.d. knowledge. :cheers:

sd hunt

hunt dec16-20 would work for me. i am already hunting in s.d. nov 18-22. i'd better give the dogs a lil break:). i am willing to work with anyone that wants to hunt 5 days. i just need time to let work know. yes on the dog i hunt with 2 labs and a mixed breed that likes to get in their way.
chris :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Tentative plans: central SD December 21 - 23, near Miller. $125 per day.

Heading out Friday, Nov. 11 for 4 day's; not sure about the bird population; planto report after I return. Last year I hunted alone, limited, and probably observed 500 hens!

Your thoughts?

Jon

hunt dec16-20 would work for me. i am already hunting in s.d. nov 18-22. i'd better give the dogs a lil break:). i am willing to work with anyone that wants to hunt 5 days. i just need time to let work know. yes on the dog i hunt with 2 labs and a mixed breed that likes to get in their way.
chris :thumbsup:

I should be hunting sd around Nov 19-23 and am hoping to put in another trip around Dec 23. A little later than your planning but if things change and you wouldn't mind another hunter + dog let me know.

Myself and one other, with two dogs, will be hunting the 20 - 23. We are staying in Mitchell with plans to hunt all public. Are u hunting that area at all?

s.d. hunt

i got home at 3 am from my nov 5 day hunt. i met trusty 20 out there our lil group had a great time. don't bother asking her for locations she was sworn to secracey before getting in the truck!!!:thumbsup:

i got home at 3 am from my nov 5 day hunt. i met trusty 20 out there our lil group had a great time. don't bother asking her for locations she was sworn to secracey before getting in the truck!!!:thumbsup:

If your interested in next wed for 5 days, me and the dog are driving up for a solo mission. map 19 and 20 area but can travel as i am solo if you've got a honey hole:D:D .

sd hunt

i am going out to s.d. dec 18-22. i still have room for another person. you can check to make sure this is rite but i was told a s.d. lis. bought after dec 15th could be used 5 days this year and 5 days next year. if you only want to go 1 trip a year this is a great opportunity:thumbsup:!

Where will you hunt? Do you have land arranged for hunting? What part of SD...where are you staying?

Just curious.

Jon

sd hunt

central s.d., public land, and in a hotel:thumbsup:. commit to the trip and climb in my truck then we will shoot some birds:D:D. if you live on the way there i will even stop and pick you up!:cheers:

central s.d., public land, and in a hotel:thumbsup:. commit to the trip and climb in my truck then we will shoot some birds:D:D. if you live on the way there i will even stop and pick you up!:cheers:

You're started to sound like a used car salesman ;) lol You ready to go hunt some birds? :cheers:

you know it!!

used car salesman:D really i am that bad:rolleyes: did we just meet? lol of course i'm ready! you need to send me the directions on where to pick you guys up:thumbsup:.i was hoping to have a couple more people but we will still have a great time. you better buy your gsp a fur coat shes gonna be cold.:cheers:

Whats the plan? Kicking around the idea of taking off this weekend.

i am going to leave sat afternoon. i will be meeting trusty 20 from this site sunday morn. we have a hotel booked till the 21. we hunted the area in nov and had a great time. i hope to find the water froze and the cattails full of roosters!:D

I will be meeting Trusty20 and IowaLabs in Faulkton Sunday evening and hunting with the group on Monday. Maybe even Tuesday depending on how things go. Looking forward to meeting some more UPH members. I have met quite a number of members already, guess I should start making a list.

Hi George,

Have been following the dialog between Iowa Labs and Trusty et al and it sounds like a fun hunt on, public land. Have considered another hunt, but as usual, can't find hunters among my usual suspects.

What's your take on their general plan...I might connect and join you.

Jon
Minneapolis

Hi George,

Have been following the dialog between Iowa Labs and Trusty et al and it sounds like a fun hunt on, public land. Have considered another hunt, but as usual, can't find hunters among my usual suspects.

What's your take on their general plan...I might connect and join you.

Jon
Minneapolis

I really don't know much about the plans other than they plan to hunt public land. I just thought that since I was going to be in the area I would join them for a day of hunting.

Back