22 lr

BleuBijou

Who would think that there would be a day in time that 22LR shells are as scarce as a Colorado Pheasant??? Anyone with good info on Shells and Reloading Components? I have hit the major ones Natchez, Midway,Midsouth, Grafs and sons, Cabela's, Sportsmans,Bass Pro,Gander Mtn etc. Maybe I am missing that shop around the corner some of you know!!!! Thanks, Bleu!!!:cheers:

Checked Big 5, Wally world, Cheaper then Dirt!!! No 22lr. Checking ammo bros!!

BleuBijou, Good luck! It is very scarce around here too! There is some guys on CalGuns selling some but their prices are kind high!

I figure it will be 6 months or more until 22 ammo is readily available again. Thankfully, I have a couple .25 cal airguns that hit like a 22, are fun to shoot & deadly accurate.

I figure it will be 6 months or more until 22 ammo is readily available again. Thankfully, I have a couple .25 cal airguns that hit like a 22, are fun to shoot & deadly accurate.

Just rubb it in!!!:D

Several places here have 100 round packs only and they will only sell you 2-3 packs at a time. $7.00 to $7.30 per 100 pack.

A guy I know bought every shell in his home town..10,000 rounds..I'm not afraid to call him "Nuts"

this doesnt help,but i just bought 2 cases of 20 ga shells that were sitting on a shelf in lakewood.1 oz.,7.5 shot,$6.00 a box,their consignment corner usually has about 50-60 various used guns leaning there,about 20 yesterday

yep, its a problem ,there's no stuff
powder, primers, ammo
some scuttle butt i heard:remington put on a 3rd shift to keep up

those pre charged pnuematic guns look cool but how do you charge them?
i saw some 2 stage air station where you use a regular air compressor as first stage and this gizmo increases pressure,regular air compressors dont make 1100 psi

gamaliel's website said they had target loads in stock,dont know about 22's

on the bright side, it's actually another "stimulus program",they old concept of supply and demand is giving american gun makers and their employees plenty to do.good luck,God save the republic

those pre charged pnuematic guns look cool but how do you charge them?
A rescue diver friend charges my fill tank from his breathing air compressor & cascade air system, or I top-off the tank with a Shoebox air compressor. One can use either a scuba tank or a carbon-fiber SCBA tank as a fill reservoir. And yes, the pre-charged pneumatics are cool & they do perform but top-end guns aren't cheap, like anything else however there are good shooters such as Benjamin Marauders or Airforce rifles that do a good job for much less $$$ (or actually $$$$, lol.).

These are:

Air Wolf MCT in 25 cal
AirwolfMCT2_zpsa33156d6.jpg

Benjamin P-Rod 22 cal that I modified
ProdStockMod-1.jpg

FX Royale in 25 cal
FXRoyale500.jpg

The 25s are zeroed at 70-yards and scary-accurate.

shoe box compressor, the afore mentioned gizmo for the pcp's, no experience with them ,just wondering

we're off the thread kinda,but?

Off the thread a bit, but that's my fall-back plan & I'll conserve my .22 ammo for when it's needed; in the meantime, I can plink, practice & eliminate pests without reservation. The shoebox takes awhile, but works. I haven't checked, but they were working on a higher capacity model last time I looked.
Late Flash: I just checked the shoebox forum. The Freedom 8 compressor is out; cuts fill times in half, but at almost double the price ($1100 vs $650). If I could sell my like-new original shoebox with upgrades, I'd try one.

Last edited:
I have been out of the air gun world a long time guy's! I think it would be cool for you guy's to post up some pic's of this method and your guns!!! Thanks Bleu:10sign:

Meanwhile, back to the original post in this thread.

Where can a guy buy any .22 LR ammo? I can't find any here in Watertown, SD. I'll be headed to the Twin Cities on Friday for Pheasant Fest so does anyone know of any place in the Twin Cities area or on my way there that would have a couple bricks of .22 LR?

Zero!

There are none at all in the stores in my area. There haven't been any since Christmas. Folks are worried about what our fearless leader may try to get through that mess called Congress. I have watched this sort of thing creeping in for 30 years. So, I already have enough on hand to take care of my needs and any of my friends that are short. This will pass by fall I would think..............we shall see.

Lock and Load! :D

Check Here

Natches Shooter's Supply had some CCI 100 packs last week. But, they were sold out in a few hours. I would keep an eye on them for their next shipment.

Lock and Load! :D

To bad you should of stocked up on plinking ammo before 2008. :cool:

If you do not have ammo supplies at this point, you maybe in trouble.:)

To bad you should of stocked up on plinking ammo before 2008. :cool:

If you do not have ammo supplies at this point, you maybe in trouble.:)

Still picking the chicken bone clean Jmac!!!! Got 800 55 gr. .224 Sierra bullets today!!!! Did find some 22lr. But too expense!!! How do you carry those PCP guns in the woods???? They look heavy!!!:cheers:

They are, so when I carry them, it's over the shoulder.

Back