2024 Upland Season

gimruis

Seems like now is just as good as a time as any being that grouse and dove season is open, and woodcock starts in 3 days.

Post your Minnesota upland bird hunting strategies, photos, success, and failures for the upcoming season right here.

Pheasants, grouse, woodcock, doves, prairie chicken, etc. Let's see em and hear about it.

Last edited:
70 at sunrise and 87 at 4 PM. Crazy hot start of the season. I used to have some really good grouse hunting 2nd half of September. Leaves on trees were rarely that much of a bother.

70 at sunrise and 87 at 4 PM. Crazy hot start of the season. I used to have some really good grouse hunting 2nd half of September. Leaves on trees were rarely that much of a bother.
I got out on a couple short walks last weekend up at my place in northern MN. Couple flushes but no birds bagged. Way to damn hot to be busting brush for long.

I saw a guy almost kill a dog in a dove field once. the third time that I went over and told him his dog was too hot, I wasn't very nice about it. Poor dog was gulping with every other breath. Sure sign of overheating!

Back