2022 Season In Pictures

gjw

Hey all, thought it would be nice if we shared some pictures of this years season. Please post pics of you, your birds, buddies, guns and dogs.

Anyway, day 2 of the pheasant season, except.....no pheasants! Got up one hen and a rooster that flushed wild. Boy, today my shooting was really off. Got 1 grouse, lost 1 and dropped the legs on another (he just sailed away!) . Worse is I flat out missed 2 more! Should have brought home a limit, but only one today. Oh well, just one of those days!

I used my 12b Blanch today

xEVyNuz.jpg

Best,

Greg

Heck, if I switched guns every time I went out, that would probably be a good outing for me! You did get some shooting and brought back a bird, it was a success.

I love seeing your gun and bird pics. Beautiful guns and great pics. You should send some to some magazines. I've been using you as a tool to convince my wife that I don't really have to many or to expensive guns. Like, you think I have too many guns, look what gjw just posted. My guns are trash compared to his!! So far, it's not working.:cry:

Hey all, well, another day of crappy pheasant hunting! Got up one hen.....and that was it! On the bright side, did take a slight detour to go after some grouse. Got a double out of a covey rise and worked the prairie for a short time. Got one on a long shot, that was gratifying. Limited in about a 1/2 hour. The weather needs to turn I think, it's been very warm to hot, very dry and not much wind overall. Guess time will tell as they say.

Used my 12b Henry Atkin. The gun has been sleeved, but the lines have been covered up with fancy engraving. Looks like an Italian engraving that they do on some of their SxS's.

2ThZkqs.jpg

Addie did really well, very happy with her!

5YR1CJd.jpg

Best,

Greg

P.S. Many thanks all for the kind words! They are very much appreciated! Bird, thanks! There are far more better guns out there than mine. I just happened to get lucky on getting them and also I have a very understanding wife.....she's the best. Don't worry, just keep at it, one day, yours will give in! Good Luck!

Hey all, well no limits today, but did get a mixed bag. So....a good day overall. It was a nice day compared to a week of 25-30mph winds. Low winds and cooler temps.

Anyway, we saw a lot of pheasants today....mostly hens. The few roosters we (my son Jim and I) saw were really spooky. Did manage one however.

I used my 12b EJ Churchill Premiere with those nasty 25" bbls. Which, BTW, work just fine for me.

6275Gwo.jpg

And one tired pup! Raina is 10 years old, but you'd never know it. From start to finish, she's always ahead of you and hunts hard.

YLv7fMT.jpg

Best,

Greg

Hey all, well today was not bad. Only saw 2 Ringnecks, one my son took a Hail Mary shot and one I got. Those were the only pheasants we saw. Did see a fair amount of grouse, but wild. That time of year for them. The bright spot of the day is I got a scotch double on huns. Addie went on point and they flushed. I pulled on one, shot and was surprised to see two fall! Pure luck!

Anyway, I used my 12b F.A. Anderson. This gun is Serial Number 101 of 11 made. Not a rare gun, but unique as only 11 were made

c6RsIgN.jpg

Best,

Greg

Hey all, well today was not bad. Only saw 2 Ringnecks, one my son took a Hail Mary shot and one I got. Those were the only pheasants we saw. Did see a fair amount of grouse, but wild. That time of year for them. The bright spot of the day is I got a scotch double on huns. Addie went on point and they flushed. I pulled on one, shot and was surprised to see two fall! Pure luck!

Anyway, I used my 12b F.A. Anderson. This gun is Serial Number 101 of 11 made. Not a rare gun, but unique as only 11 were made

c6RsIgN.jpg

Best,

Greg
Yea that’s good, I am lucky when one falls

Annual trip, pretty happy with the first day dog work. Nice limit before sundown, lots of young birds!

Attachments

• BE5BFD89-2F96-426C-936D-64FE0E76B8EC.jpeg
    BE5BFD89-2F96-426C-936D-64FE0E76B8EC.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 24
Hey all, well no limits today, but did get a mixed bag. So....a good day overall. It was a nice day compared to a week of 25-30mph winds. Low winds and cooler temps.

Anyway, we saw a lot of pheasants today....mostly hens. The few roosters we (my son Jim and I) saw were really spooky. Did manage one however.

I used my 12b EJ Churchill Premiere with those nasty 25" bbls. Which, BTW, work just fine for me.

6275Gwo.jpg

And one tired pup! Raina is 10 years old, but you'd never know it. From start to finish, she's always ahead of you and hunts hard.

YLv7fMT.jpg

Best,

Greg
Do not use dog crates.Dogs should ride in comfort imo.

Reactions: gjw
Hey all, been an interesting weekend. Yesterday was a complete bust, didn't drop the hammer once. Did see some grouse (wild of course). Went out today after Church, was a dry and windy day (perfect scenting conditions!) Addie was able to pin one down, nice retrieve on her part. Saw one other rooster which flushed wild. Saw plenty of grouse, but wild again! Still, it's good to get out, better than watching TV

Used my 12b Harkom today. On a side note this is gun 3. Whoever the original owner was must have had some bucks to afford at least 3.

74FOsOC.jpg

Best,

Greg

Back