2016 Season

Whew. Not much in the bag for a half marathon of cross prairie work. Not the pups fault. Fun day anyways. Laughs and grest dog work.:cheers:

Safety lamp is lit. Talisker Storm and ginger here. Southern Tier Salted Caramel porter for Mo. Pheasant pate, cheese and other goodies. Cheers.

Whew. Not much in the bag for a half marathon of cross prairie work. Not the pups fault. Fun day anyways. Laughs and grest dog work.:cheers:

Safety lamp is lit. Talisker Storm and ginger here. Southern Tier Salted Caramel porter for Mo. Pheasant pate, cheese and other goodies. Cheers.

I went to the Talisker Distillery when I was in Scotland a few years ago. I saw some pheasants and red grouse there too. Good end to a hunt it sounds!!

Patio on the prairie. 7 Nov. Shirtsleeves. Nice. Lagavulin and a stogie. Guess Mo deleted the pics she was in....
Fun day wandering the prairie for a couplehours.

:cheers:

Good day of recoil therapy. Three roosters over Scout which tied him with Jazzy J at 34 apiece this Fall. Jazzy did get a sharpie.:cheers:

Nice Dak, how would you say the numbers are this year in comparison with prior years? About the same?

From the looks of harvest reports, it seems like a majority of the corn out? Heading out this week for our annual trip and am cautiously optimistic on finding at least decent bird numbers

Based on my hunting and friends experiences, it is spotty. If an area was hit by the incredibly hit and miss nasty weather we had, the hunting sucks. If not, bird numbers are very good.:cheers:

Worked way too hard to get my 3 today. Not a dog or population issue. Let's just say Mr Fiochhi is pleased.

just got back from our first ND trip this year (5 days). It was really windy a couple days but we did alright. Birds were definitely not out and about as I've seen in past years. We had 3 guys and 2 dogs and averaged about 6 birds a day. Could have had our limit but we each had our fair share of misses, but the opportunities were limited. Definitely not an abundance of pheasants to where we could have had ample shooting opportunities. There was a lot of land that I like to call "golf courses", so the good hunting areas were much more in pockets compared to prior years.

All in all though it was a good trip. Once it finally freezes and the birds resort to cattails and thicker cover, I will be more optimistic. Would love to see a little more snow and colder temps. Heading out again a month from now, so hopefully can add a few more birds to the freezer

Back