2009 Speed Goats!

Husker

I know, not pheasants, but since we don't have a big game thread, I thought I'd put in up here. We had a great opener in Hyde Co. filled all tags on Saturday. Great day!!

FYI--- Tons of pheasants around, but also tons of crops in and the way it was raining yesterday I think we'll be lucky if there out by Christmas!!

Steve

IMG00040-20091003-1901.jpg

Goats013.jpg

Nice work Husker! Were you on private land? I've got a couple of preference points and am trying to determine where to use them.

Just realized...you're probably refering to Hyde County, SD. My bad. I thought you were refering to Hyde, Colorado. Either way, those are nice bucks.

Nope Landman not me. By Sunday night I had one backstrap in my belly and another goat in the dehydrator making me jerky! And yeah, I guess I should have noted, these are South Dakota antelope...

Thanks for the good comments!

Steve

Husker, nice work. Thanks for the pics. I guess the harvest has begun (and I'm not talking crops). I was fortunate to harvest 3 whitetail does last week in Charles Mix County with a bow. My freezer is now full and the wife and I got burger to make.

Now all we need is one for the taxidermist. Unfortunately my neighbor in WI just called and said he discovered a 160 class buck dead in his pond next to his house. Said is looked like it had been hit by car.

Got my goats back from my Taxi today! Scored better then I thought they would, 72" on the heavy one and 67" on the wide one. That was a pleasant surprise!

IMG00047-20091007-141600000.jpg

IMG00046-20091007-1416.jpg

Good job on the lopes. Great fun that speed goat hunting.:thumbsup:

Uncle Buck,

He does really good, fast work. On euro mounts he hates to let them set and get the meat hard, he had them skinned Sunday, boiling Monday and whitened all day Tuesday and Wednesday. If anyone needs anything done this fall, shot me note and I'll get you hooked up!

Currently I'm a broker at an investment firm in Sioux Falls, you know, IRA's, Mutual funds, est., est, est. Also work with a bunch of ethanol plants and other LLC's with trading their stocks/shares (AgStockTrade.Com). However, before this gig I was a manager at Campbell's Supply in Sioux Falls for the better part of 12 years, I got to meet a ton of great people there!

Steve

Back