1187 fails to feed.

moellermd

Super Moderator
My 1187 is starting to fail to pick up the next round after I shoot. Anyone ever experience this problem?

I use CLP and have never had a problem before in much colder weather.

My 1187 is starting to fail to pick up the next round after I shoot. Anyone ever experience this problem?

Seems to be a problem with them. Google it and there is a lot of complaints.
Good cleaning would be first thing.

I use CLP and have never had a problem before in much colder weather.

This the same as Break Free, correct? Great stuff. If you shoot an auto in cold weather don't use anything else.

Sometimes the magazine tube spring will need replacing, If so get the stainless version. I assume your gas ports are clear, and are using the same ammo as previously? Some of the newer high performace stuff seems to burn awfully dirty, IMO.

My 1187 is very fussy to being clean. Same problem, feeding problems. I learned after about 20 rounds and it better get disassembled and cleaned. You can try this stuff, it did help my gun.

http://www.gunzilla.us/index.htm

I think I am going to send it out for an overhaul this winter. I have heard Ahlman's near Minneapolis is a good place to go. Any thoughts?

Had the same problem with my 12 gauge AL 391, nothing worked!!! My 20 shoots like a champ!!!! Only thing I can figure is I got a lemon!! Tolerances must be a little off!!! Sold it because no need for a 900 dollar single shot!!!!:cheers:

Blue

Gun normally works fine. I have a certain amount of history with the gun. Call me a romantic but I like looking at the scratches, worn off blueing and thinking about the the fun we have had.

Does it have a rubber O ring seal on the gas system like the 1100? If so, it's most likely shot. Go to the hardware store or any good gun shop and get a new one and it will probably fix it and will shoot like a champ again. When you unload it by hand. Does it cycle the shells fine then?

Yup.. that was the FIRST problem of my gun when i got it new. with mine, the length of the shell made a huge difference. i had old 3" shells and those jammed. just asking if you were using 3s instead of the recommened 2 3/4 shells. AND certain shells i had to buy.. like remington shells and not winchesers or ESTATE or anything. but praire storm works good. some shells got stuck in the chamber after fired... now its working good when i have to remember what shells to buy which sucks. my dad has a 12 ga COAST TO COAST shotgun and it takes any shell and takes alot of abuse but that gun still works today as my dad still uses it. it will take a 3" shell. thats why i used some of those and find out quick it doesnt like 3" shells but i didnt read the barrel at first when i got it... now it says 2 3/4.. i read from now on. ;)

Back