11/16 hunt…

…they should figure out how to heat that and the forearm!
Although I'm sure others have thought of that, I personally had not. And it's brilliant!! Heated steering wheels, snow blower handles, etc. exist & the technology isn't complicated. So why not a rechargeable shotgun??!! People would buy that feature for sure!!! The battery pack might be hefty, but that's a mere design challenge.

Although I'm sure others have thought of that, I personally had not. And it's brilliant!! Heated steering wheels, snow blower handles, etc. exist & the technology isn't complicated. So why not a rechargeable shotgun??!! People would buy that feature for sure!!! The battery pack might be hefty, but that's a mere design challenge.
could even make it solar have the rib of the barrel be your mini solar panels.

Careful, the die hard double barrel guys will put out a hit on you for suggesting something as audacious as a heated pistol grip on a shotgun. But I'm game. I've daydreamed about ways to keep my hands warm without losing functionality of my fingers.

Has anyone tried putting rubber gloves under their normal gloves? I've had a few guys do that and they say it has helped since the wind doesn't hit your hands. I'm pretty luck and once my hands get warm I can wear fairly thin gloves and not have any problems.

Any glove that is on tight like rubber surgical gloves will impede circulation and reduce the heat to your hands. I like cross country ski gloves with disposable heat packs on the back of your hand when temps are <10. My $.02

This discussion got me wondering so I did some looking.

There are rechargeable heated thin gloves available. Use as a liner or as a glove.

Any glove that is on tight like rubber surgical gloves will impede circulation and reduce the heat to your hands. I like cross country ski gloves with disposable heat packs on the back of your hand when temps are <10. My $.02
That makes sense. I've been using the Venom heavy gloves and I don't think they are tighter than a golf glove.

Growing up in ND I seem to have lost most cold-sensitivity in my hands. Rarely wear gloves. I often scoop slush from ice holes with my bare hand and most often grab minnows from the minnow bucket with my hand year around.

A minute in a vest or bib pocket is all that is needed on those really cold days to jump-start my hand if below zero.

If for some reason it is really cold I wear a glove on the forearm (left) hand, but essentially never on the trigger finger hand. That said, I always seem to lose the forearm (left) hand glove and as a result, have a ton of right-hand gloves laying about.

Sounds like a great way to have your truck stolen.
In Middle-of-Nowhere, SD, it's not at risk. In mid January when it's -10, the car thieves aren't out. In fact, almost nobody's out, but me, trying to find a couple pheasants. Plus, I never get more than a couple hundred yards from the truck, commonly only 100-150. I'm just talking about hitting little stretches of cattails/thickets in ditches. Not 4 mile death marches around an entire section.

Growing up in ND I seem to have lost most cold-sensitivity in my hands. Rarely wear gloves. I often scoop slush from ice holes with my bare hand and most often grab minnows from the minnow bucket with my hand year around.

A minute in a vest or bib pocket is all that is needed on those really cold days to jump-start my hand if below zero.

If for some reason it is really cold I wear a glove on the forearm (left) hand, but essentially never on the trigger finger hand. That said, I always seem to lose the forearm (left) hand glove and as a result, have a ton of right-hand gloves laying about.
if it gets real bad i put a glomitt on my shooting hand and keep my trigger finger exposed but the others area covered by the mitten top.

Has anyone tried putting rubber gloves under their normal gloves? I've had a few guys do that and they say it has helped since the wind doesn't hit your hands. I'm pretty luck and once my hands get warm I can wear fairly thin gloves and not have any problems.
This works, on cold days I wear a cheap pair of Batting gloves with nitrile gloves underneath. The best part part about the nitrile gloves is they provide a waterproof base layer as well.

Back