2022 Season In Pictures

Third day of hunting over the Veteran's Day Weekend. My wife joined me today. I got two and she got two. Her last bird was a high passing shot for me and just as I shot the wing broke and was already on its way to the ground. One walk, about one hour hunting. Notice the frosted trees/bushes in the background. Absolutely picturesque morning.

View attachment 4479w

Third day of hunting over the Veteran's Day Weekend. My wife joined me today. I got two and she got two. Her last bird was a high passing shot for me and just as I shot the wing broke and was already on its way to the ground. One walk, about one hour hunting. Notice the frosted trees/bushes in the background. Absolutely picturesque morning.

View attachment 4479View attachment 4480

Well at least some folks are getting out. Good for you! You must live in the east or NW part of the State.

That's the depth of snow I like to hunt in. But here in the south central, now.......no way!

Best,

Greg

13 degrees and just enough wind to make those canine noses get up in the air and wind those birds hiding in the middle of tree rows and such is great.

Back home after a week plus of bird chasing in western ND! Had a great time ! Weather was tough on an old guy . Hands just freeze in those windy conditions below 10 degrees. My lab was just terrific, several retrieves were beyond amazing!
The new French Brittany still is gun shy and blinks on close flushes but made a lot of progress! She might make it as I won’t give up on her. Several nice points and excited when she holds a warm rooster!

Attachments

• ECDD800B-2F0B-4E34-BDB0-B10D9EA63ED6.jpeg
    ECDD800B-2F0B-4E34-BDB0-B10D9EA63ED6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
I know what you mean on trying to keep the hands warm! Sounds (and looks) like it was a good trip! The Britt looks like she has interest in the birds, even during posing for the pic!

He won't forget that day any time soon!! Good job kid, somebody taught you good!!!
BD is right, a young fella like that with a limit of birds and a partridge, that will stick forever. I am taking a friend and his son out today, I would love them to each get limits and help create a great father/son memory. Heck, I might let them shoot my limit if they are up to it and no ones tells!!

He won't forget that day any time soon!! Good job kid, somebody taught you good!!!
He sure had a great start to the season, knocking almost everything down. He then had a little slump like we all do at times. He needed a quick reminder about making sure to focus on leading the rooster. Thanks Joel! A quick Tik Tok video of a gentleman demonstrating this with clay targets reinforced it for him. Lesson was well received and Brek took it in like a sponge. He made the adjustment Saturday. Two of those birds he had to shoot after they had climbed very high and turned back towards him in using the wind to get up to top speed. He was almost pass shooting them which I believe can be the most challenging shot.

He sure had a great start to the season, knocking almost everything down. He then had a little slump like we all do at times. He needed a quick reminder about making sure to focus on leading the rooster. Thanks Joel! A quick Tik Tok video of a gentleman demonstrating this with clay targets reinforced it for him. Lesson was well received and Brek took it in like a sponge. He made the adjustment Saturday. Two of those birds he had to shoot after they had climbed very high and turned back towards him in using the wind to get up to top speed. He was almost pass shooting them which I believe can be the most challenging shot.
Your nephew is a great kid because he is willing to listen and learn. We all can take a lesson from him.

Here was our trip to ND from Nov 2-6th. Had our 4 man limit with some huns and sharpies mixed in. One of the fellas with a antler tag dropped a nice buck. Also welcomed in a new puppy from Joel (Goldenboy) - she is a real darling with great drive. Brought her out to a field i know a covey of quail are right off the road, and watched her struggle to get through the thick stuff getting after them. No shooting but love to see that drive out of a pup and the confidence she had in new terrain.

Attachments

• boomer.jpg
    boomer.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 53
  • deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 52
  • millie.jpg
    millie.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 53
Here was our trip to ND from Nov 2-6th. Had our 4 man limit with some huns and sharpies mixed in. One of the fellas with a antler tag dropped a nice buck. Also welcomed in a new puppy from Joel (Goldenboy) - she is a real darling with great drive. Brought her out to a field i know a covey of quail are right off the road, and watched her struggle to get through the thick stuff getting after them. No shooting but love to see that drive out of a pup and the confidence she had in new terrain.
Thanks for the pic! Millie looks tired from all the action. I am sure you are going to love that drive next season as she matures and figures out those wild roosters!

Back