Wanting to trade a hunt

I'm a spoiled, Western Kansas pheasant hunter that gets disappointed when I hunt for more than a couple hours and don't get a few birds (or at least shots) in each and every hunt. I'm lucky to have access to more private land than anyone can walk in a whole season. I probably average hunting at least 1 day per week during the season.
I love it, but like having opportunities to travel to see different areas and different game.
If you are someone that has similar access to quail, prairie chicken, or grouse that would want to trade a pheasant hunt. I have an old retired dog that kept also spoiled me and kept me constantly hunting for the last 12 years. This is going to be the first year for my new pup, and she is heading off to school for 2 months at the beginning of October
My teenage son, family members and several local buddies and their kids will keep me going out almost every weekend in my area, but I'm looking for something different that could turn into an annual tradition if both parties agree. Please feel free to message me if you have something to offer.

I'm a spoiled, Western Kansas pheasant hunter that gets disappointed when I hunt for more than a couple hours and don't get a few birds (or at least shots) in each and every hunt. I'm lucky to have access to more private land than anyone can walk in a whole season. I probably average hunting at least 1 day per week during the season.
I love it, but like having opportunities to travel to see different areas and different game.
If you are someone that has similar access to quail, prairie chicken, or grouse that would want to trade a pheasant hunt. I have an old retired dog that kept also spoiled me and kept me constantly hunting for the last 12 years. This is going to be the first year for my new pup, and she is heading off to school for 2 months at the beginning of October
My teenage son, family members and several local buddies and their kids will keep me going out almost every weekend in my area, but I'm looking for something different that could turn into an annual tradition if both parties agree. Please feel free to message me if you have something to offer.
How about a montana snipe hunt?

How about a montana snipe hunt?
I've been on a couple snipe hunts in the past that didn't yield much success but I guess I'd consider trying it one more time ... if our schedules allow.
Based on my past experiences, the fabled snipe seems to be very elusive. If you can guarantee me bag limit success, I will throw in a special "cow tipping" trip along with your Western Kansas pheasant hunt!
Let's work out the details and make this happen!

I would like to get in on that, how much do you charge?
Careful…
He might really believe in them..
Hunting off unicorns with
I've been on a couple snipe hunts in the past that didn't yield much success but I guess I'd consider trying it one more time ... if our schedules allow.
Based on my past experiences, the fabled snipe seems to be very elusive. If you can guarantee me bag limit success, I will throw in a special "cow tipping" trip along with your Western Kansas pheasant hunt!
Let's work out the details and make this happen!
But but!!!
Youve never been with the Master ba er Hunter😳
Hunting them off purple Unicorns..with his Munchkin cousin…
Direct from the land of free Mountain Dew and rainbow stew🤪

when i was a kid my older cousins tried to talk me into a snipe hunt that involved me going out into the dark with a paper bag and holding it on the ground so that a snipe would run into it. i swerved.

Last edited:
I am in Idaho and hunt chukars and huns. Interested? I will be in KS from Dec 7-20th with my dogs. I would definitely like to discuss trading hunts.

I am in Idaho and hunt chukars and huns. Interested? I will be in KS from Dec 7-20th with my dogs. I would definitely like to discuss trading hunts.
I just had to "Google" Idaho to see where it is...and they say Kansas is a fly-over state!?! 😜 I have often wondered where chukkar were native. We do a lot of control shooting with pen raised here for our youth events.

I'll be happy to visit with you sometime. Shoot me a PM with your email.

to be fair, western Kansas will be a wasteland this year, drought was brutal.
I have the same concerns... Localized hail storms and the drought had to hurt the bird numbers, but a few of my customers are reporting "pockets" of birds similar to normal as they have started harvesting their corn. Too much standing crops left to know for a while.

Resized_20220520_151945.jpeg

Attachments

• 20210515_171527.jpg
    20210515_171527.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • Resized_20220520_142059.jpeg
    Resized_20220520_142059.jpeg
    579.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Resized952020100995182435.jpg
    Resized952020100995182435.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1589838290969.jpg