Gas Prices

Our trip to MT earlier this month we paid between $3.44 and $3.79. Not too bad overall. Was down to $3.19 here locally this week but jumped at the end of the week.

3.50 here in NC KS. i looked at some historical gas prices and inflation figures, and roughly estimate that 3.70 plus tax could be considered about normal. not what i want to pay, dang that data. as we've learned, energy prices can fluctuate wildly.

Holding around $4.59 in town, just over 5 in the road connected rural areas. Probably see around 7 at the northern end of the Alcan when I start down in 3 weeks.

I'm not sure what gas prices are here? I buy gas from a locally owned gas station every chance I get. I pull in, don't have to pre-pay, fill up, go in and grab a tea and a snack, shoot the breeze with a happy employee, and then I drive away without ever looking at the price. The owner of this gas station is a big sponsor of our community's youth sports and other events. I know a small percentage of the money I spend there will go towards bettering our community.

Sorry for the rant, I know this was not the intent of this post. I just saw a Walmart commercial advertising $0.10 off a gallon of gas for club members, and it kind of pissed me off. And, I may not know what gas prices are locally, but I know they're too damn high!

Yesterday morning 3.49, this morning 3.89 saw on station at 3.99 here. Correction now up to 4.09 today (9/28)

Last edited:
SC Kansas got as low as $3.29 maybe 2-3 weeks ago, but has bounced back up to 3.45-3.49 of late. I saw 3.29 in KC (Kansas side) last week.

I saw 2.97 here yesterday in TN. Maybe we will catch a break for.bird season.
Crap, I’d be in heaven at that price. Washington state still at about 4.25 and in many place over 5 bucks. Our great governor is seeing to it that anyone working today will pay everyone’s share in this state.

Anywhere from 3.69 to 3.28 near where I'm at, south of St Paul MN. Diesel is still about 5 a gallon tho.

Just returned from SD, about 1200 mile round trip. Used about 70 gallons, gas averaged about $3.60, so about $250, drove solo. If gas had been $3, very cheap, I’d have saved $40. Whoopee. Driving from Alaska, yes, these prices add up. But if you ride with at least one other, and are doing 1,000 or 2000 miles per trip, this isn’t a big deal. The pandemic prices in 2020 were an aberration ; gas in the $3.50 range right now is almost a bargain when viewed on an inflation-adjusted basis over the past several decades or longer. My .02. IMO, driving solo is one of life’s great luxuries! A bargain at twice the price! 🥳

it will inflate all goods being delivered.
There is something else going on that is going to inflate goods being delivered too: a major drought. River barges in the Mississippi River basin are running aground. The river is the lowest its been in recorded history in some locations now. The river is a major source of transportation this time of year for grain harvest. All those beans and corn you see being taken out of the field often end up on a barge and get shipped down river. Right now that is becoming extremely difficult.

I think its safe to say we not only need a shift to a wetter pattern here in pheasant country, but across the entire midsection of the country.

Back