Saskatchewan

Goosemaster

Anybody interested in some goose, upland hunting in October? Great deal, master hunter.Get your own room, bring your trained dog. Must enjoy a few drinks after hunting. No hicks, or rednecks. No illegal types. Eatprly mornings, lots of work. Mature giant snow geese. Also, must be willing to spend money, no tight wads!!!

Tell us more...sounds interesting.

Is this pit hunting or jump shooting, lake, slough -what?

What is the approx. cost of the trip...how many day's, license fee??

Stay where - motel, lodge?

Thanks

I usually stay 2 weeks. It's field hunting, I usually don't dig.i always take several days off, to loaf, and scout. Gas is expensive, so is drink, so bring some. Meet up, before entering Canada.There is good pond hunting, Huns everywhere, pheasant, grouse.

No rubes, or dog kennel types. Bring the family dog, be safe, don't freak when a thousand snow geese try to land on you.

Have you ever done this trip Goose? Are you using an outfitter or do you have your own spread? I sure hope you aren't hunting Pheasant up there.

Have you ever done this trip Goose? Are you using an outfitter or do you have your own spread? I sure hope you aren't hunting Pheasant up there.

Yes- 5 times. No pheasant hunting for non Canadians .No outfitter.I don't own land. I freelance hunt. It takes a lot of scouting, blind building at times. Lots of fuel. It's a great time, and the best hunting in the world. Booze is expensive, smokes are expensive, food is expensive amo is hard to get, so bring all. Bring an electric frying pan.Having a good gas mileage rig, saves money.Its work, but I don't hunt every day.I scout 1 day, hunt the next. Fields, sloughs , lakes, it's all there.

It's actually all Non-Residents not just Non-Canadians. As a Non-Resident, You are allowed to shoot 4 Huns a day, with a season limit of 8 and 2 Sharpies a day, with a season limit of 4. So well the upland hunting is quite good, if your a decent shot your season is done in 2 days. There's great Upland hunting there, but unfortunately as a Non-Resident you can't plan a long trip around it. Great waterfowl opportunities though...

It's been a few years since I've been up there. It's awesome hunting, I just love it. The people are great. One time this farmer let me and my dog stay in his basement for two days. Great dude, he went hunting with me, I loaned him a gun, and shells, he had a big pond on his property, thousands of geese.He had sharp tails, Huns, rough grouse, it was awesome .

Confused--

What is a dog kennel type?

People with kennels, trailors, ect.You don't have to have a dog, but hunting season no fun without a dog.Its a great time, I've done it 5 times. No pheasant hunting, lots of Huns, sharp tails are around.Lots of scouting, to get on mature, adult snow geese.The people are really cool, I've even stayed at a fee farms for free.

It's actually all Non-Residents not just Non-Canadians. As a Non-Resident, You are allowed to shoot 4 Huns a day, with a season limit of 8 and 2 Sharpies a day, with a season limit of 4. So well the upland hunting is quite good, if your a decent shot your season is done in 2 days. There's great Upland hunting there, but unfortunately as a Non-Resident you can't plan a long trip around it. Great waterfowl opportunities though...

Yeah- I go for the water foul, but I need a break, so I hunt upland some.

David0311

People with kennels, trailors, ect.You don't have to have a dog, but hunting season no fun without a dog.Its a great time, I've done it 5 times. No pheasant hunting, lots of Huns, sharp tails are around.Lots of scouting, to get on mature, adult snow geese.The people are really cool, I've even stayed at a fee farms for free.

:rolleyes: Think I will have to pass on this --opportunity??:eek:

David0311

Yeah- it's not for everybody. Only the most hard core types do it. It simply is the best in the world.

Yea it is ---kind of I guess --I'm stuck going back to the 8000 acres I hunt for free and stay in the one of the farm houses out of Altuna

With the dog truck and our field trial dogs --mine who live in the house :rolleyes:

Anybody interested in some goose, upland hunting in October? Great deal, master hunter.Get your own room, bring your trained dog. Must enjoy a few drinks after hunting. No hicks, or rednecks. No illegal types. Eatprly mornings, lots of work. Mature giant snow geese. Also, must be willing to spend money, no tight wads!!!

When you knock on landowners doors, make sure you mention you are not into "hicks, or rednecks".

Back