Stanley Cup Playoffs

It was over pretty quick... Hawks had that jump early and I think the Ducks knew that their best shot passed them by in game 6... Both teams gave the puck away the whole series in their own zone. It was crazy...Ducks D in front of the net was non existent. You can't stop the dynamic duo, but you can contain them better than the Ducks did. Toews and Kane will find space. They are just that good and compliment each other well...Hope we get 7 games in the final!!!:cheers:

We'll.... the big dance starts tonight fellas.

Two teams that have prolific scorers and speed. I think it comes down to experience and whether the big guns for either team steps up in key situations.

This is why my gut feeling is leaning towards Chicago. 2 cup championships in recent years and a core team that has been together now for 6 plus years.

Should be a great series, at least on paper !!:10sign:

My wife will be yelling as the TV will be LOUD !!!
Its time to drop the puck!!!!!

What's this shenanigans that the Tampa team wont allow Hawks fans to wear their swag to the game? They've already proven they are worried.

I admit that I dont know a heck of a lot about Tampa.

Most of what I hear on the radio is that experience should prevail.

Im jacked!!!! ( I hope I can stay awake) :D

My wife will be yelling as the TV will be LOUD !!!
Its time to drop the puck!!!!!

What's this shenanigans that the Tampa team wont allow Hawks fans to wear their swag to the game? They've already proven they are worried.

I admit that I dont know a heck of a lot about Tampa.

Most of what I hear on the radio is that experience should prevail.

Im jacked!!!! ( I hope I can stay awake) :D

Haven't heard that as of yet.

Upland, Put on a pot of coffee, you never know when we'll get an OT game.

Bad thing is we have to wait all the way to Saturday for game 2.:mad:

As a Wild fan it is hard to cheer for the Hawks, but I have a daughter who forced me to watch the third period with her last night. She loves the Blackhawks. I guess I would rather see the Hawks win than some team from Florida!

I can see that, however, if the Ducks would have made it in I would be cheering for them. I'm a western Conference guy thru and thru, always have been. I have a feeling the Lightning thought they had this one in the bag and we're content on holding on to the end. They should have known better after watching film of the Ducks /Hawks series.

Last edited:
I can see that, however, if the Ducks would have made it in I would be cheering for them. I'm a western Conference guy thru and thru, always have been. I have a feeling the Lightning thought they had this one in the bag and we're content on holding on to the end. They should have known better after watching film of the Ducks /Hawks series.

Agree totally!!! Talk about a prevent defense!! You really don't need to learn a lesson in the finals!!! But they did and it cost them a game!! Hawks are not a team you can do that! They have been here to many times and have some remarkable players!:cheers:

Man, can't believe how much net is showing with that young kid in goal!!! Great horse race as well!!

Hawks had their chances. Crawford let in a soft one that he should have stopped.

That horse race was spectacular !!:10sign:

American Pharoah is a special horse. Read that his last quarter mile was faster than Secretariats.

Can only imagine what his stud fees are going to be. :eek:

Last edited:
Hawks had their chances. Crawford let in a soft one that he should have stopped.

That horse race was spectacular !!:10sign:

American Pharoah is a special horse. Read that his last quarter mile was faster than Secretariats.

Can only imagine what his stud fees are going to be. :eek:

Secratariat 1/4=23.60
American Pharoah 1/4=24.06

Let's not compare those 2!!!:D Great race none the less with a great horse!!

Well, hockey just gets more interesting!! Ton of hockey left, but deep in the minds of TB THEY KNOW THEY COULD HAVE BEEN UP 3-0!!! This could go 7 games!! I hope so!!:cheers:

I think your referring to the first quarter mile not the last.
http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2595923-155/belmont-stakes-keys-to-american-pharoahs

A quote from the above article.

*American Pharoah ran the final quarter mile in 24.32 seconds, even faster than Secretariat's 25 second final quarter in his record-setting Belmont victory in 1973.

Was only comparing the final quarter mile. I believe I heard somewhere that Secretariat while he won the Belmont by 31 lengths, he still would have beaten American Pharoah by 12 lengths. There will never be another horse with the likes of Secretariat.

Don't count the Hawks out till the fat lady sings. When things looked down against the Ducks they came back and won the last two.

Last edited:
1/4-mile

American Pharoah: 24.06

Secretariat: 23.6

1/2-mile

American Pharoah: 48.83

Secretariat: 46.2

3/4-mile

American Pharoah: 1:13.41

Secretariat: 1:09.8

1-mile

American Pharoah: 2:02.33

Secretariat: 1:59

Finish

American Pharoah: 2:26.65

Secretariat: 2:24

AP shaved off some time in the end, but he did have a horse close enough to push him. Where as the Big Red horse was alone for quite some time! I didn't realize that Sham actually came in last in that race. Secretariat just broke him early on... How the skeeters up there this year? Probably always bad with all that water!

I think its the calm before the storm. Not too bad where I'm at yet. Northern minnesota may be another story. We'll find out next week as I head up to the lake for some R & R.

I think its the calm before the storm. Not too bad where I'm at yet. Northern minnesota may be another story. We'll find out next as I head up to the lake for some R & R.

Get some fishing in!!!! Have a good time!!:thumbsup:

I hate to say it but I think the Hawks stole one last night. They were certainly outplayed, probably Tampa's most impressive game in this series for sure. But.... that's what experienced teams do, steal a game when they need one.

been absent for a while..

This has been another fantastic series!
Bishop shouldve been pulled after the first goal. What a bonehead move. Dont see many empty net goals in P1:cheers: Crawford had his own brain fart but managed to get away with it.

Too bad game 6 is on Monday and not a weekend day. I hope the Hawks come out flying but I bet the outcome will be determined very late in the game again.

I'd love to be at the game but that will be a rich mans ticket.

Agreed, another fantastic series.:10sign:

I think the Hawks will definitely have the momentum going into Mondays game. Like the last series with the Ducks, they seemed to get stronger the further into the series they went and I could see the same in this one. We could see a game 7, but I think Chicago will do everything humanly possible to close it out at home in front of the home town crowd.

Last edited:
Would like to see the Hawks take game 6 by multiple goals. Yesterday wasn't to bad but they got lucky in game 4 that one of those shots didn't go in during the last 2 min rally TB put on. TB plays well on the road but I think you are right, Hawks will try to end this one at home on Monday.

You aren't lying about the rich man tickets. Read something this morning that Standing Room Only tickets are going for over 1k. You know that price is going to go up before the game starts tomorrow.

Back