Stanley Cup Playoffs

Looks like I wasn't the only one to stay up and watch what was easily the best game in the playoffs thus far and one of the best I've seen in quite some time. Those who missed it you really missed a good one and the longest game in Blackhawk franchise history.

Total of 118 shots on goal with Crawford stopping 60 shots out of 62 !!!:eek:

Both Goalies were incredible. I thought both teams had great chances with the Ducks putting on some unbelievable rushes and pressure. They are a Physical team, but Chicago has speed. Chicago playing a little thin on defense, but their stars stepped up and played some incredible minutes. Man.. they had to be gassed.

Gotta love the disallowed Head butt goal !! :thumbsup:

Far as I'm concerned this is the real finals series. Don't count the Hawks out just yet Bleu..

Can't wait till Thursday night........:10sign::cheers:

Last edited:
I sure wish I couls stay up to watch these games but I just cant. I dont get nearly enough sleep the way it is. Ill have go catch it tonight sometime. I can start with the first OT.

Momentum in the NHL can change with one loss. Need to keep home ice advantage now that we took on in Anaheim. This will be a long series imo.

No DVR?

Not sure if you get the NHL network but they do replay games just like the NFL network does.

Honestly, they were about 3 minutes from going to a 4th OT.. incredible game.

No DVR?

Not sure if you get the NHL network but they do replay games just like the NFL network does.

Honestly, they were about 3 minutes from going to a 4th OT.. incredible game.

Ive never dvr'd anything. Can I still tape stuff?:D
I have NHL network ans CSN just replayed just the 3 OT's. Man were there guys just dragging out there. Interested to see how they play in game 3.

Loving the 7pm start. I may make it til midnight when it ends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers: The Stadium will be rockin!!

Unless they have a replay (NHL Network) you'll need to program the DVR to record the event, meaning Thursday's game. Problem with last nights game is the DVR will record only the length of time the event is scheduled. So in essence last nights game was scheduled to run from 8pm Central to 11 pm and went to nearly 1 AM., so it would have stopped recording. However, you can change or customize the ending time when you program it to record longer than scheduled.

I thought both teams looked fresher than I would have expected. I'm sure line changes were quicker than normal. But Seabrooke and Kieth both played 50+ minutes which is insane.

Rangers and Lightning all tied up at 4 with 9 minutes left in 3rd.

Strap it on!! Blackhawks Ducks game 3!!! Sloppy play at best between Rangers and Lightning last night.

Some evenly matched teams this year in the Conference finals. Could go either way in both series. Seems every time one teams gets a game advantage the other teams answers with another win to tie it up.

Interesting stat I saw today. In the Playoffs, the Blackhawks have zero wins the next game after winning an OT game.

Game 5 Hawks and Ducks tonight 9pm Eastern time. Should be another good one for sure. :10sign:

Another overtime game. Hawks down 2 goals with 2 minutes in regulation and Toews ties it with his 2 goals sending it to overtime. 40 seconds into OT the hawks turn it over in the neutral zone creating a 2 on 1 rush for the Ducks, bang... game over, Ducks win..... On to Chicago for game 6.

Helluva Series :thumbsup:

Ducks get very lucky after playing prevent in the 2nd.... Can sure see which team has the Superstars. Some bad goals given up, but leads to an exciting game and series!!

Ugg that didnt end well. The Hawks didnt clear the puck sooo many times it was crazy. Toews has a never give up attitude like Ive never seen. Kane is playing like he doesnt want to get hit. Wonder if his collar bone is bothering him? What a game of highs and lows.

Kane is playing like he doesnt want to get hit. Wonder if his collar bone is bothering him? What a game of highs and lows.

You know.... now that you mention it. He is very reluctant to get physical.

Chicago is going to have to find the will to win again and if they don't there will be no tomorrow.....

Last edited:
Best hitting that the hawks have done the whole series in period one! Playing like their hair is on fire!!:eek:

What a series.

I'm going to reiterate my frustrations/jealousy/anger that the Hawks have Toews and Kane...and they get to play on the same line.

This coming from a Wild fan...

Boy.. that 3rd period the Ducks really applied the pressure and the Hawks were bending but didn't break. Shaw really stepped up for the Hawks. The Ducks defenders play so far up into the play in the opposite zone it's like having a couple extra forwards.

Game 7 Saturday should be a barn burner.

Probably start to finish the hawks best game! Not nearly the give aways in their own zone... I Like the ducks, but not as much in a game 7 facing the experienced Blackhawks!! Who is really going to bet against Kane and Toews in a game 7?? I think the Ducks had their chance and may have let it escape!! 2 game 7's, can't ask for anything better!!:thumbsup:

Tough loss for the Rangers at home.

Now.... for the game I'm really interested in starting in little over an hour . :10sign: :cheers:

Really the only game where both teams played a reserved game! Neither team took many chances and focused on D !!!! Now, let's have a game 7. I expect the Hawks to come out on fire!!!:eek::eek:

Little disappointed in the Ducks, sloppy play around their goal. too many odd man rushes for the Hawks. Easily the worst game for the Ducks in the series. Toews was spectacular and playing with Kane doesn't hurt either. They need to continue that line into the finals.

HAWKS WIN !!! HAWKS WIN !!! HAWKS WIN!!!

Lots of open ice last night. Toews just took control of the last few games. Not sure what Andersons save % was after the game but he only faced 16 shots thru 2 I think. Thats 75%. Not good enough. I thought the Ducks just looked slower last night. Maybe all of their checking has caught up with them? Instead of the opposite?

HAWKS WIN !!! HAWKS WIN !!! HAWKS WIN!!!

Lots of open ice last night. Toews just took control of the last few games. Not sure what Andersons save % was after the game but he only faced 16 shots thru 2 I think. Thats 75%. Not good enough. I thought the Ducks just looked slower last night. Maybe all of their checking has caught up with them? Instead of the opposite?

Once the Ducks got behind by a couple early it seem to take the proverbial "wind out of their sails". It wasn't till about 3 minutes left when they pulled Anderson and one last ditch effort did they find a little life, but the Hawks answered to everything they could put up. Getzlaf had a really bad game and he's their leader. Personally, I think Quenneville and his personnel changes in game 6 and last night had a lot to do with it. He basically out coached Boudreau. Kane and Toews complement each other so well, you can't contain both.

Back