Stanley Cup Playoffs

birdshooter

Anyone watching?

A few series tied up 1-1. My Wild lost today, but split in St. Louis, now back to Xcel Energy center Monday night. I predict it will go 7.

Anaheim and Winnipeg about to start.

Wings are up 2-1 in their series won tonight 3-0. I love watching/coaching hockey, have been in the rinks since my son was 5 he is now 17 and still playing. Have sacrificed many a hunting season to play on hard water......all very well worth it though.

Huge Hawks fan! But I just cant handle these late starts. 3OT win last night- up 3-1 headed back to Nashville. I only made it halfway through the 2nd period.

Huge Hawks fan! But I just cant handle these late starts. 3OT win last night- up 3-1 headed back to Nashville. I only made it halfway through the 2nd period.

Fell asleep during the 2nd OT intermission!!! Damn!!!!:cheers:

Looks like the Jets are all but done. Looking more and more like Anaheim will be the team to beat to come out of the West.

Wild need to stick to the formula they are using to frustrate the Blues. Blues want soo.... bad to get the wild to react to their chippy cheap shots and rough play. But it aint working. Ott is an A hole and should sit for game 4 for what he pulled at the end of game 3.

I expect the Blues to come out full force early and try again to get the wild to play their game. Doobie has to be great in goal tonight. Just stick the same plan and out hustle the Blues to the puck as they have been. ONly a matter of time before the stupid penalties will do in the Blues.

Rangers will prevail. Could there be a chance for a New York vs New York series?
How about the Vancouver / Calgary battle royal....

Did I mention I love playoff Hockey. :cheers:

Last edited:

I really hope the wild win the series and get a chance to play Chicago for the revenge series from last year. :10sign:

Wow. Less the 15 shots on goal last game and only one real threat for the Blues and now they're up 3 in the first. What the heck. Let's get rolling Wild.. Gonna be a long night.

Boy... I hate to use the ole "They just had a bad night" cliche, but it seems that is exactly the case with the Wild. All facets were bad and for the first time i've seen, Doobs had a real off game in the net.

Got to hand it to the Blues though too. This was a desperation game for them and they played great hockey from the opening bell to the closing bell.

Maybe that's the Wild way too. They need their backs against the wall.

Last edited:
I am not too worried yet. Yes last night was one of their worst games since the all star break, but I think the fire is still there and I am not worried about playing away from home! We knew sooner or later Dub would have an off night. I think if we get him back in the nets next game and don't let them have any easy chances his confidence will soar again and he will be fine. I know where I will be spending my Friday night!

Awesome game Sunday for the Wild. Parise was spectacular.

Waiting to here when game one will be against the Hawks. Likely Friday.

Go Wild !:thumbsup:

How glorious will it be if we can get this monkey off our back?

Chicago has had our number for too long. I won't lie, I am nervous. I think we best them in some areas, but they have an X factor that can't be denied. It is amazing how fast they can go from ho-hum hockey to a force to be reckoned with.

Their offensive explosiveness with sure test our D.

LET'S GO WILD!!!

Nice come back in the second period for the wild, too bad the hawks had to spoil it in the 3rd. :mad:

I think we stunned them with how quickly we can came back. They were clearly on their heels in the 2nd period. Dubbie let a couple in that he should have stopped.

Wild need to take one in Chicago. We'll see what happens tonight.

Haha if the Blackhawks are stunned the Wild better hope they dont recover or it will get reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaally ugly really fast!
I like the way the Hawks are playing but its the NHL - momentum can change very quickly! I really like this game every other day schedule. Keeps things moving along.

Back