Yep It Happened

Not me but a friend of my brothers. He was heading to deer hunt on public land before daybreak. He had a climber stand on his back. As he's exiting some heavy cover, he felt a whack on the back of his stand. He thought it was a sapling that had got bent over then snaped up. When he got to his tree and pulled the stand off, there was an arrow sticking in the back. This was before compounds and when the bottoms were plywood. He went back where he got shot but no one was there.

Set up on some gobbling birds in the dark one morning. As daylight approached I could make out a couple of guys past my decoys across a creek. Something felt bad about it so I scooted to put a tree between us. They shot my decoys. Had I not moved I would have taken a face full of #5s.

Found a murder victim while turkey hunting. Tripped over the guy on a trail in the dark, literally.
Thank goodness that hasn't happened to me. But a major regret of mine is that I never called the authorities about a fresh grave I found. I got turned around while grouse hunting but had an idea of the direction the truck was. The direction took me across a very thick logged out area of private property. As I was fighting my way through, I saw a small opening ahead. The clearing was natural. It was in a small wash that was to rocky to grow much. And right in the middle was a fresh grave. Not a house for miles. Why would someone go to that much trouble to bury something in that rocky, hard to get to area? It was too big for a dog's grave and too small for a horse. It was very creepy. The only other time I had a feeling like that was when I was duck hunting an old slew, when I walked up on a damned mannequin stuck in a drift. I had to sit down a while after that one!!

Thank goodness that hasn't happened to me. But a major regret of mine is that I never called the authorities about a fresh grave I found. I got turned around while grouse hunting but had an idea of the direction the truck was. The direction took me across a very thick logged out area of private property. As I was fighting my way through, I saw a small opening ahead. The clearing was natural. It was in a small wash that was to rocky to grow much. And right in the middle was a fresh grave. Not a house for miles. Why would someone go to that much trouble to bury something in that rocky, hard to get to area? It was too big for a dog's grave and too small for a horse. It was very creepy. The only other time I had a feeling like that was when I was duck hunting an old slew, when I walked up on a damned mannequin stuck in a drift. I had to sit down a while after that one!!
Dude you never disappoint at story time. Your always in the middle of something!

I came across a grave in East Montana that was very old.1880s.Old homestead.Those were hard times in that country back then. It kind of spooked me.There were pheasant all over the place.

Back