WY Chukar and Hungarian Partridge?

Delta Whiskey

So when Sharptail season ends I plan on hunting Partridge (Chukar & Huns) until the season ends Feb 28. Other than the general map attached can anyone help dial in my search a little more? Habitat? I did flush one covey near Buffalo this year. So the map is where I am starting my search....it's only 1/4 of Wyoming lol. Any help is appreciated, PM me.

Attachments

• WY Huns.png
    WY Huns.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 13
So when Sharptail season ends I plan on hunting Partridge (Chukar & Huns) until the season ends Feb 28. Other than the general map attached can anyone help dial in my search a little more? Habitat? I did flush one covey near Buffalo this year. So the map is where I am starting my search....it's only 1/4 of Wyoming lol. Any help is appreciated, PM me.
Lol is that all of Wyoming in that image.... ha ha. I have never laid eyes on a partridge... Wouldn't recognize one if it flew up and hit me in the face, sorry I can't be more help!

Wyoming f&g is out of their frigging mind letting hunters chase chukars till the end of feb......most years they are hanging on by their teeth by the end of january....might be legal now, but it's not right.
And for the record....as usual, mr. Goose has no idea what he's talking about...

Wyoming f&g is out of their frigging mind letting hunters chase chukars till the end of feb...
If the vast majority of birds do not see any hunting pressure throughout the year, why does the season length matter?
Also, as goose stated there are no chukar so it really doesn't matter anyways 😉

End of Feb seems too long for marginal populations of birds. I've hunted them before with some pretty dedicated research and only turned up a few coveys in several outings ad many miles walked. I'd push into one of the more traditional chukar/hun states if I wanted a better chance of a quality experience.

Back