Wtb Garmin 550 pro plus system

JonS

Anybody got one, I'm not in a huge hurry to buy, think I'd like the tt15 standard instead of the tt15 mini collar. Many thanks from anyone that has one to sell or knows of a good deal on one.

I see a used one on eBay with the mini collar. Bid on it right now is $400. I saw a used one sell on another site for $550. For $100 I'd buy the new one and have the full warranty. I you are in no hurry watch for rebates on them.

I have the mini collar and you lose very little if anything with the mini versus the standard.

Thanks, I've found a mini locally for $530 I think, lady bought it in a high rise apartment building, found it doesn't work there, not sure why she needs it in such a place. But still debating new vs saving some $. I've heard the longer range and longer battery life are nice features. I hope to never have my griffon that far away, but who knows.

What breed of dog are you going to be using the collar on? Garmin states that the standard collar has a battery life of 24 hours versus 16 hours for the mini. In reality who runs a collar on a dog for that long before charging it so battery life is really a non-issue. Garmin also says the range of the standard collar is 9 miles versus 4 miles for the mini. However, in real life tests that have been conducted the difference in the effective range of the two is minimal. I'm not trying to talk you into a mini, just telling you the facts so you can make an informed decision. If you can buy that local Pro 550 plus mini for $530, and it's like new, I'd be all over it. I don't think you will find a better deal.

Got a 10 week old wirehaired pointing griffon, out of Iowa, mom was apparently 70 lbs, dad was 75 lbs. Guessing Maple will be pretty close to them. I'm thinking hard on the mini for $530.

Hi all, Garmin is running a $50 rebate on the Pro 550 Plus bundle.

Also, here's an excellent review on the Pro 550 Plus

I have the mini collar that I run on my GSP's. To be honest I prefer the mini collar, lightweight and does the job as well as the standard.

You may also want to consider getting one of the Garmin Smart watches to pair with the collar. I have the Instinct and boy is it ever a slick deal with this system. Something to think about.

Anyway, best of luck to you!

Greg

With the $50 rebate you are only paying $599 for a new unit. That's only $70 more than the used one. To me it's a no brainer. Buy the new one and don't look back.

That's a very tempting deal. Too many things to learn and get it seems. Thanks for the lead

Ordered from the gents at gundogsupply.com. They’ve been helpful so far and figured I should support them.
Thanks all,
Jon

Back