Wtb: Benelli ultra light 20 ga

Looking to buy a nice preowned BUL 20 GA to partner w/ my BUL 12. If you or some one you know has one for sale, please let me know. Thanks.

NB

I have had 3 Montefeltro 20ga's. I still have one, I won't part with this one. Very nice gun to carry. My only complaint with Benelli's in general is their finish. They are damaged very easily, specially their wood stocked guns. Very poor finish as far as durability goes. It's tough paying that kind of jing, then having it scratch so easy and the guns value plummets if you ever want to sell it or trade it in.

I have had 3 Montefeltro 20ga's. I still have one, I won't part with this one. Very nice gun to carry. My only complaint with Benelli's in general is their finish. They are damaged very easily, specially their wood stocked guns. Very poor finish as far as durability goes. It's tough paying that kind of jing, then having it scratch so easy and the guns value plummets if you ever want to sell it or trade it in.

The Benelli Ultra Lights have what Benelli calls a "Weathercoat Finish". It imparts a wood grain appearance to the stock and forend. I think its several coats of some sort of polymer material. It seems to do a good job of protecting the wood underneath.

My BUL 12 is 4-5 years old, hasn't been babied and looks about like new. Same for several other BULs that hunting friends have.

NB

op, you just need to take better care of your guns! :) I had a 12 ga. Monte for over 10 years. Sold it last fall and the wood only had a couple very small imperfections in it after all those years of hunting.

Natty, been looking around the web for a 20 ga. BUL and those suckers are scarce. Think you're going to have to part with some of those retirement funds and buy a new one. Remember, you can't take it with you! :D

Natty, been looking around the web for a 20 ga. BUL and those suckers are scarce. Think you're going to have to part with some of those retirement funds and buy a new one. Remember, you can't take it with you! :D

DZ,

Hey, I've used that line before, alot according to Mrs Bumpo. Pretty sure I have a solid line on one, bought NIB a couple of years ago and never fired. Deal should be finalized by the end of the week, at favorable terms.:10sign:

DZ, as a banker, you should be able to appreciate that!:D

NB

op, you just need to take better care of your guns! :) I had a 12 ga. Monte for over 10 years. Sold it last fall and the wood only had a couple very small imperfections in it after all those years of hunting.

Zeb, I'm surprised you would think I'm not taking care of my guns. I challenge anybody to do a better job. Mine is fine...but it see's very little use. ANY!! polyurethane finished gun stock is prone to easy damage.

Zeb, I also remember you saying your spent plenty of time in the safe, hadn't been used in a number of years. Tough to get banged up collecting dust, just like mine. A majority of wood stocked Benelli's in the used gun rack are scuffed up. If they would have had a nice oil finish. That wouldn't have happened. Just look at many of the old guns of yester year that came with such a finish. Wipe them down with a little gun oil and boom, most things just disappear.

Zeb, I'm surprised you would think I'm not taking care of my guns. I challenge anybody to do a better job. Mine is fine...but it see's very little use. ANY!! polyurethane finished gun stock is prone to easy damage.

Zeb, I also remember you saying your spent plenty of time in the safe, hadn't been used in a number of years. Tough to get banged up collecting dust, just like mine. A majority of wood stocked Benelli's in the used gun rack are scuffed up. If they would have had a nice oil finish. That wouldn't have happened. Just look at many of the old guns of yester year that came with such a finish. Wipe them down with a little gun oil and boom, most things just disappear.

Just giving you some crap. Yes, the last couple years my Monte was a closet queen but prior to that it spent many days afield each year. One of the only nicks in the stock was from shooting sporting clays. Target coming right at me, I broke it but a piece of the clay pigeon hit the stock.

Update

UPDATE:

Got a lead or two from UPH on this so will refresh this thread.

Through the kindness of a member on another board, I was given a lead on a "Benelli 20" FS in Minn. Turns out, it was a BUL 20 ANIB, a couple of years old and never fired.:10sign: It was all intact, with everything as new. The guy must not have checked out the current MSRP as the price was right, for me anyways. :D Got it all fitted out with the right shims installed, cast-on etc and safety reversed for LH this week.

Hope to blood it on grouse/wc tomorrow and carry it in the field in SoDak in November.

Thanks guys.

NB

Definitely in my top two of guns to add to my collection. Have used 20ga O/U last 8 years for pheasants and will not go back to a 12ga.

Back