Winner Area Opening Weekend.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life isnt fair

I'm from MN and have hunted both private and public lands in SD for 35 years. No state manages the land better than SD. Unfortunately for some, they dont understand the balance between the land owner and the rest of us. I deeply appreciate the options SD offers and because they the are number one pheasant producers in the world I'm willing to pay the haymakers and Uguide other landowners of the great state because they do a very fine job. I'm tired of selfish hunters that want everything to be equal and fair. Time to grow up and realize there isn't a free lunch and life isn't fair. Fair price is dictated by the market. I'm grateful there are landowners in SD that sacrifice crop income and give me the opportunity to pay and play. When the market gets too steep for me, I'll hunt public land, I won't do as well but a bad day in SD on public land is better than the best day in MN or IA or KS. I've hunted them all and only SD has maintained a CRP/Grassland base and isn't border to border row crops. Maybe your under pressure because your dad doesnt have good health. What does that say about you if your sick dad isn't worth a couple hundred bucks a day for the time of his life? Go out a get a part time job for a couple weeks or shut up.

i now leave this page to you all as of the 1 day ive been posting on this thread ive been called a moran stupid & basicly a horible democrat person that wont take a sick guy to SD for a pheasants hunt for just a few bucks??? i would happily take all that from you guys all if i had said any of that u all say i said in the posts wear you guys called me stupid & a moron & if homer1997 could read my past post he would realize its MY FATHER who says F that im not paying anybody that price to go shoot pheasants!!! its not me some cheap a** thats trying to get something for free for a sick father!

also i never said my father was SICK i said he has medical issues I.E. heart probs like many people his age 60 & he has battled throat cancer NOT BATTLEING THROAT CANCER STILL!!! he has a treceoscopy to breath but can still walk & dose not need a wheelchair or anything!!! he just cant march the fields all day long he has to pick his walks & for CKIRSCH i considered SD hunting because i figured that the horror storys of huge crowds & ALL PAY TO PLAY STATE has to be wrong & they must be just scare tactics but i do believe them storys now as its nothing for most of you except the handfull of guys that sent me PMs saying im with you on the pay to play thing & hears what to really expect in SD...

also never said SD wasnt #1 for pheasants i just said these SD farmers have a monopoly on what they want to charge & theres enough dummys out there to pay the big $$$ so the price will continue to go up up & up...

ill PM anybody else that responds to me on here so i dont keep adding flames to the day old fire lol

is this wear i say im supposed to be embarrassed to have said these things???
my fellow MN hunters will let me know 4 sure lol

safe hunting all you SD hunters & guys that will be hunting SD this season be safe...

I'm from MN and have hunted both private and public lands in SD for 35 years. No state manages the land better than SD. Unfortunately for some, they dont understand the balance between the land owner and the rest of us. I deeply appreciate the options SD offers and because they the are number one pheasant producers in the world I'm willing to pay the haymakers and Uguide other landowners of the great state because they do a very fine job. I'm tired of selfish hunters that want everything to be equal and fair. Time to grow up and realize there isn't a free lunch and life isn't fair. Fair price is dictated by the market. I'm grateful there are landowners in SD that sacrifice crop income and give me the opportunity to pay and play. When the market gets too steep for me, I'll hunt public land, I won't do as well but a bad day in SD on public land is better than the best day in MN or IA or KS. I've hunted them all and only SD has maintained a CRP/Grassland base and isn't border to border row crops. Maybe your under pressure because your dad doesnt have good health. What does that say about you if your sick dad isn't worth a couple hundred bucks a day for the time of his life? Go out a get a part time job for a couple weeks or shut up.

Well put.My unwillingness to pay is well documented.However, not everyone is ass in pheasants year 'round and having the peace of mind,when you drive hundreds of miles,of knowing you have a quality spot lined up could make the trip a lot more fun if nothing else.

Rich man,poor man,it all boils down to a gun and a dog, I happen to be a poor man who possesses the best of each.

Unbelievable.. LOL.

Last edited:
The guys started three posts accusing South Dakotans of ripping people off, and insinuated that landowners should offer for free that which they can legitimately profit from. That's a hell of an attitude for somebody with his hand out.

OK I went back and read this whole pile a garbage. It is now locked because of the political comments, member bashing, calling people stupid and arguing between people who wish to pay and those that dont. Both go on.... except it people.;)

OK I went back and read this whole pile a garbage. It is now locked because of the political comments, member bashing, calling people stupid and arguing between people who wish to pay and those that dont. Both go on.... except it people.;)

Thanks Ken. I like a good discussion as much as the next guy but really if you would not say it in person don't post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back