Wingshooting USA

CowboyBirdDogs

I don't know how many of you guys watch this show but usually it's pretty decent and they hunt some cool places. But I wil never understand why they do pen raised hunts on any tv show. They had one called "The Thicker The Better" and it was by far the worst episode they've ever done. Sloppy, sloppy dog work. Pointers that were acting like flushers, it got to the point where the guy that was handling the dogs had to go up and grab them by their collars while they were on point. Birds weren't even good flyers. IMO I'd rather watch them hunt wild birds on public land and only see 3 birds and maybe not even bag one than that. The next episode they did a hunt in Wyoming on huns and chukar. That was a great episode, some of the best dog work they've ever had on there. These birds were running worst than any pheasant or blues. I sure do miss American Gun Dog, that was a great show!

Like all outdoors shows involving hunting. If you don't have much action the show is not going to sell and will not last. While seeing only 3 birds might be ok with you it's not going to fly with the network that is broadcasting it. They have lots of shows being pitched to them and can afford to be choosy. You also have to realize how much actual filming goes in to producing a 30 minute show (Lots). Sometimes using preserves is the only way to guarantee getting enough footage to produce a 30 minute show.

I do agree about the dog work though. Poor dog work whether preserve or wild is not interesting to watch.

I liked American Bird Hunter when "The General" was the host. The Flush is a pretty good show for these days. American Gun Dog great show.

I have to say Wingshooting USA is pretty good show on average. I don't want to complain about any of them. They could cut'em and we would be stuck with more tree hugger programming like bicycling, golf, tennis, Etc.

Hey there Onpoint... I'm a forester and certainly no tree hugger. I also play a lot of golf. 98% of our club are conservative folks, too, no tree huggers.

I agree with throwing tennis and bicycling into the tree hugging generalization. May want to add kayakers in that mix instead of golfers.

Sorry, most golfers are pretty prissy....did not mean to offend you. I'll leave the conservative part of your post alone....no politics on here is the rule.

Back