Win Model 12 16 ga

Have my eye on a 16 ga Model 12, 1926. Really good shape, nice and light. Any ideas of value? Chambered for 2 9/16", altough it can be lenghtened for 2 3/4". 26" barrel with mod choke. Great looking wood by the way.

Have my eye on a 16 ga Model 12, 1926. Really good shape, nice and light. Any ideas of value? Chambered for 2 9/16", altough it can be lenghtened for 2 3/4". 26" barrel with mod choke. Great looking wood by the way.

If you buy it check out the B&P 16 ga. shells. They are 2 5/8" and I think will work in the Mod 12 without any modifications. I've been shooting the B&P's and have had very good success with them.

http://bandpusa.com/

I had a 29/16 chambered model 12 16ga. Tried everything to make it chamber 23/4" shells. Finally got my money back from the dealer that sold it to me. I bought a very nice 23/4' model 12 16ga with mod choke. I wouldn't ever buy another 29/16 gun again.

Poly Wad has short shells for nearly all gauges of short chambered guns.

Sounds Great!

I would buy it if the price were right. I would just buy the short shells and shoot it as is. When I was young, I had a short chambered Model 12 20 ga. that I shot 2 3/4 inch shells in all the time. I didn't know that you weren't supposed to do that but it work for years. At least in that gun it did. I wouldn't do that today. I really like the 16 ga. in the Model 12. I'll be taking two to South Dakota this year. One is a 28 inch Mod and the other is a 26 inch Imp. Cyl. that Kirby the gunsmith fixed up for me last winter. It's working great now. BTW, how much do they want for the gun?

Cocked, Locked, Ready to Rock! :D

I have a 26" 1915 with the short chamber. I bought 2.5" empty hulls from Precision Reloading and a roll crimper tool. Kind of a neat alternative if you dont mind the hassle. Dandy gun, only gripe is mines a full choke- added spreader inserts and seems to be doing well with them. If I recall right, they are actuall lighter than the 20 guage as the frame is the same (?).
I think the price is right, I paid about that for mine and I'm pretty sure it had been reblued. Great gun!

$550, don't know how this price is. OK?

I think I'd keep looking for one with less trouble to get shells that worked. There is no finer pump shotgun than a mod 12 and there are a fair number out there for sale they just don't wear out. That price seems high unless it is a looker! JMHO. Ought to be a good many in the south where deer have been dog hunted. It was/is a popular gun for that. I saw one last weekend at an Eastman's gun show Norcross GA. Good luck.

$550, don't know how this price is. OK?

I bought my very nice model 12 16ga mod choked gun with 2.75" chamber for $250.00 on GunBroker. Way too much money IMO

Perhaps Too High

Unless the gun is in really really good condition, the price is too high. As to chokes, Full is the most common. However, Mod or Imp Cyl makes for a better upland gun.

Cocked, Locked, Ready to Rock! :D

Pulled the trigger. Got it for a bit less and it has some really nice wood and overall condition is pretty good. Short chamber is no big deal as have several cases of shorts. Very light gun, look forward to getting it in the feild.

Thanks guys.

Back