Who's hunting the last 2 weeks of season?

UGUIDE

My wife and I are heading out to the farm for New Years and we take in the firemans ball in town on New Years eve, hope to do a little bird hunting on the weekend and then we will winterize the place for the season and call it quits until spring.

I am excited to see how the cover has held up this year and how the late season birds are using the food plots etc.

One of my Goldens tore his CCL last Saturday so Ive sort of lost the desire.. TTA surgery tomorrow. So scared

I'll be out a few times yet this year as long as we don't get too much snow. I hunted about 3+ hours yesterday and the snow is not bad yet but it does make the walking all that much harder. A guy sure can work up a sweat. Yesterday I was down to my longjohns, jeans and a shirt and the temp was 10 degrees. Have to see how much we get in this current storm.

DZ, we are getting the same storm here in MN that you are getting . Same for the Vikes game tonight. All should watch as it should be a circus.

Looks like it is well north of the farm though so hope to enjoy a lot less snow there this winter than last. All that was holding birds last year was a big old shelterbelt.

Looks like we'll get anothoer 5-7" on top of the 20" we got already in MN. Another 3" forecast later in the week.

One of my Goldens tore his CCL last Saturday so Ive sort of lost the desire.. TTA surgery tomorrow. So scared

Best wishes for a successful surgery and recovery.

I've heard and read great things about the TTA. Wish it would have been available here when Ruby tore her CCL. I opted for the tightrope procedure and ended up having a different vet tighten up the joint with another nylon anchor on the other side of the joint. She's been doing great now, but I really felt bad having to put her through two lengthy rehab periods.

As for hunting, I plan on getting out at least a few more times.

My brother and I were out for about 4 hours yesterday. The weather was nice - low teens, sunshine and no wind. We wanted to hunt a cattail marsh where I like to run my dog once it freezes over. Unfortunately, our foray into the marsh was premature. I went in up to my knees a couple times before my brother went in up to his waist. No birds but we still got to enjoy the weather, get our feet wet :D and give our dogs a good run.

Headed out for 5 days with my 14 yr son and dogs, will be hunting around Miller from the 27th through the 31st barring any crazy weather.
Farmer mentioned getting some gaiters for the snow thats blown in the creeks, apparently ohio does not believe in such things any suggestions where to find them other than cabela's in mitchell? We won't be passing that at the right time. I assume they will be closed on Sunday by 700 to 8p.

Not that you would absolutely have to have gaiters but what about some of the Cabelas stores on the way from Ohio. Hammond, IN or Hoffman Estates, IL. The store in Mitchel closes at 6:00 on Sundays.

i wear a pair of PF chaps, they snug right down to my shoe tops and i never get snow in my boots, they work great and take the place of wearing long johns, just put the Under-Armor on top.

Sprung for 2 pair of waterproof snake gaiters at Bass Pro here today. Seems like they will do the trick. Just not sure why we would have snake gaiters in these parts no venomous snakes yet plenty of snow. :confused:

Back