Who's going to hunt in the snow?

My son was home from college. He wanted to bird hunt. Beautiful day. Put up 3 birds, killed one. Birds are not holding well, but sure was better than sitting at home. Steve

Glad to hear you were able to get out. Way to go!:thumbsup:

This is the first year i didn,t see a pheasant or woodcock at the Oswayo hunting grounds. We had enough grouse contacts to keep it interesting, and im still removing porky quills from Tucker. Last weeks snow possibly pushed the woodcock farther south?

John,
Hope Tucker feels better soon!

From what we have seen...the woodcock tend to come down around the same time every year! As far as the snow...I don't think it stuck around long enough to change the pattern!

I hunt Oswayo same time every year, although I dont shoot woodcock anymore, it,s still fun to let the dogs flush and chase them.

This is the first year i didn,t see a pheasant or woodcock at the Oswayo hunting grounds. We had enough grouse contacts to keep it interesting, and im still removing porky quills from Tucker. Last weeks snow possibly pushed the woodcock farther south?

John,

We were in Bradford County yesterday, and our property was loaded with woodcock. The other areas that normally have birds this time of year also had some. We talked to a couple of locals and they said the birds were right on schedule, so at least around here "Bradford County" that crazy snow didn't effect them!
Dan

I talked with a guy i know who guides bird hunters in Maine and he told me the migration was way behind last years. Maybe i should have hunted this week.

Back