which o/u

Rather than picking a gun based on internet recommendations, my advice is to go and try different O/U's to see if any of them FIT YOU. The best looking O/U out there will be no better than a club if it doesn't fit. Actually shooting different models your friends have is smart, and might save you some grief or buyer's remorse later on.

Another bit of advice is to stay away from Beretta if possible. Their service is terrible if anything ever goes wrong or a part breaks.

Rather than picking a gun based on internet recommendations, my advice is to go and try different O/U's to see if any of them FIT YOU. The best looking O/U out there will be no better than a club if it doesn't fit. Actually shooting different models your friends have is smart, and might save you some grief or buyer's remorse later on.

Another bit of advice is to stay away from Beretta if possible. Their service is terrible if anything ever goes wrong or a part breaks.

Thanks guys. CRP I need to get out to cableas and try some out. I don't have friends who own any o/u's. They like the auto-loaders. I will just make it to cabelas and try some there.

Sadly, I have to agree. Beretta makes a great product but they have not got a great track record about service should you have trouble.

Thanks guys. CRP I need to get out to cableas and try some out. I don't have friends who own any o/u's. They like the auto-loaders. I will just make it to cabelas and try some there.

Let me know if you're able to 'wheel and deal' with the boys at Cabela's. Most likely not, but I handled a Browning O/U last time I was out there that I loved, but my wallet didn't. :D

Let me know if you're able to 'wheel and deal' with the boys at Cabela's. Most likely not, but I handled a Browning O/U last time I was out there that I loved, but my wallet didn't. :D

I bought my last O/Us off gunbroker. Citori 12ga 26 5 chokes in the box USED for 800.00. and a 20ga 26 ruger red label 5 chokes used in the box for 650.00
They have a few handling marks but I dont think they were shot till I got them. I try to save a $ when I can..Makes it easier telling the wife how great a deal I got.;) I dont think she buys it.:rolleyes:

Back