Which A5?

:thumbsup: Jon is somewhat handicapped by a bad shoulder and has a really different way of getting his gun up. It is almost like he's shooting from the hip. But like carptom said, he's a serious hunter and a good shot. Plus just a real nice guy. Hope to see Jon at the Pheasant Fest this weekend.

:thumbsup::10sign:

Oh what flattery...really good for the ego! Both George and Tom good fellows and fun to be with. Looking forward to another year chasing roos!

nobody mentioned that the old a5 and the new a5 do not use the same operating system
the old a5 used the long action recoil system which means the whole barrel recoils with bolt the distance or the length of the shell thats fired.kinda different if you never fired one.
the new a5 has an inertia driven system similar to the benelli
dont know that they're identical but with the new a5's compressible bolt,i'll guess they're close.

inertia drive doesnt reduce recoil like long action or gas operated
does the new a5 have the magazine cut-off and the old a5's speed loading system?
that speed loading thing's the cat's pajamas if you have'nt experienced it
i'd probably buy a silver or a 390 but thats not the question

I looked at the new A5 at the Pheasant Show and apparently "some" of the new A5 guns have the mag cut- off or a way to cut the shell in the magazine tube. I think it depends on the model...

nobody mentioned that the old a5 and the new a5 do not use the same operating system
the old a5 used the long action recoil system which means the whole barrel recoils with bolt the distance or the length of the shell thats fired.kinda different if you never fired one.
the new a5 has an inertia driven system similar to the benelli
dont know that they're identical but with the new a5's compressible bolt,i'll guess they're close.

inertia drive doesnt reduce recoil like long action or gas operated
does the new a5 have the magazine cut-off and the old a5's speed loading system?
that speed loading thing's the cat's pajamas if you have'nt experienced it
i'd probably buy a silver or a 390 but thats not the question

The New A5 has what they are calling "Speed Load Plus". Here's link that explains it. http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/glossaryitem.asp?id=108

I looked at the new A5 at the Pheasant Show and apparently "some" of the new A5 guns have the mag cut- off or a way to cut the shell in the magazine tube. I think it depends on the model...

Jon, I'm pretty certain that it is on all models. Works like the Benelli, I believe. Pull the bolt back to get the shell out of the chamber and it does not feed a new shell in the chamber. The New A5 includes a Bolt Latch located just ahead of the trigger guard. This locks the bolt to the rear when the magazine is unloaded and releases a shell from the magazine when the bolt is closed to make loading quick.

Thanks, George.

Would love to have one of the new A5's - then I think about all the modifications I need to make: forend post, post at the trigger, and modifying the stock at the rear and the feeling goes away.

If I bought one, it would be the composite gun, due to the mess I make with the modifications.

How are your doggies doing?

Back