Whew! It's Hot

It was 104 in the stands and at least 10*f hotter on the turf at about 4pm today.

Wish it would cool down a little more in the evening so I could run the dog.

All I can say is "gawd luv the crik!"

Mick and I just got back. I walked; he waded, sproinged, splashed, and swam.

Long pants, long sleeves and Deet for the biting bugs for me...more splashing for him.

A lot of things wrong with this old farm house, but its proximity to the crik is certainly not one of them.

Weather folks are all excited about their "extreme heat warning for the next week." They get to use their neat-o graphics. I do not share their enthusiasm.

One of our chickens keeled over dead today from the heat. We only have 5, so they are "pets" as much as a source of eggs. I hope the rest make it through the heat wave okay this week. RIP Goldie.:(

are you traveling with your bird dogs- if you swing thru SW Kansas I might be interested in turning a Britt or two loose with yours to see if there are birds arround

Just traveling alone and doing some scouting on the way to Ohaha from west Texas. Hee Haw... Wanted to briefly walk a few honey holes and check out some new territory. I have low expectations, that is for sure. Maybe we can do some scouting together when I have just a bit more time.

Back