Where to go.

Marshmallow

Every year, my wife, father in law, and a family friend like to try a new place to pheasant hunt. If you had your choice of public land to hunt, where would you go? We have excellent dogs, and as much as limits are fun, just getting up enough birds to make the trek fun, keeps us happy as can be.

So that being said, where would you go? We wouldn’t hate finding some quail mixed in either lol.

You have asked a quite broad question. Would you mind narrowing it down a little at to exactly what you are looking for? Are you looking for a recommendation of a particular state to go to or are you looking for information as to where to go in a specific state?

If you want quail in the mix then you are probably looking at Kansas, maybe Nebraska. No quail in South Dakota.

Every year, my wife, father in law, and a family friend like to try a new place to pheasant hunt. If you had your choice of public land to hunt, where would you go? We have excellent dogs, and as much as limits are fun, just getting up enough birds to make the trek fun, keeps us happy as can be.

So that being said, where would you go? We wouldn’t hate finding some quail mixed in either lol.

learning an area, and the landowners who inhabit it, make hunting a bit easier each year...picking up and moving each year makes it hard...but I do get it, it is fun to see new places...

We did Montana for 10 years. The landowner who let us put our camper in his yard passed away a few years back, so we now just try something new. Once we narrow a state and region down, we’re pretty good at doing our research, and making friends. My wife and I are only in our late 20’s so for us it’s about seeing new states and new ground.

I’ve had good luck in Nebraska getting roosters and quail in the same day. I looked for guzzlers which is where I would find both species together. HTH.

We did Montana for 10 years. The landowner who let us put our camper in his yard passed away a few years back, so we now just try something new. Once we narrow a state and region down, we’re pretty good at doing our research, and making friends. My wife and I are only in our late 20’s so for us it’s about seeing new states and new ground.

sounds like fun! good luck...

I’ve had good luck in Nebraska getting roosters and quail in the same day. I looked for guzzlers which is where I would find both species together. HTH.

Agree with this. While Nebraska may not have super numbers of pheasants throughout the State, there's a good chance of a mixed bag

Back