whats in your flask?

The Role of Aroma in Life

I went by Maker's Mark Distillery the other day....love that smell. It is a neat little place with excellent quality.:thumbsup:

Aaahhhh, the aroma!

Flexibility

George Dickel Tn. Wiskey if I can find it. If not Jack or some kind a bourbon will do.

When thirsty it's always good to be a little flexible about the quaff. Cheers!

Makers Mark in the Red flask and Glenlivet 12 yr old Scotch in the Green flask. We never partake before or during the hunt...really not until everything is done and the GUNS are put away for the day. Their is usually some type of cigar that accompanies the end of the hunt "nip".

:cheers:

Sam Adams for me, after the hunt. During the hunt I'm a coffee and water kinda guy.

Just saw this thread.During the hunt it's H2O and Gatorade only. I do carry a flask bought in SD with a nice etching of a rooster on it and containing blackberry brandy-but only for after the hunt. We usually have a couple cold beers on a slow ride back to the Hotel driving the backroads and maybe a nip from the Flask. After getting back to the Hotel and dogs and gear and such squared away, we have a "brown one"-that would be a Brandy Manhatten-or 2.

Sophisticated Refreshments

Just saw this thread.During the hunt it's H2O and Gatorade only. I do carry a flask bought in SD with a nice etching of a rooster on it and containing blackberry brandy-but only for after the hunt. We usually have a couple cold beers on a slow ride back to the Hotel driving the backroads and maybe a nip from the Flask. After getting back to the Hotel and dogs and gear and such squared away, we have a "brown one"-that would be a Brandy Manhatten-or 2.

You, sir, are hunter of refined tastes.

Brit, 40 years ago you could bump the beer total up significantly:cheers:but now that I'm in my 60's that's about all I can handle-we are usually in bed by 9pm too.

Landman, thanks for the info-I did not know that-we'll have to regroup and rethink on that habit. We have the same here too so I guess it's just not smart-if you get caught. Weird that you can drive around SD with an uncased, loaded shotgun but not a brewski, now for that you would get hung here-strictly taboo. I appreciate your comments:cheers:

Ditto

Brit, 40 years ago you could bump the beer total up significantly:cheers:but now that I'm in my 60's that's about all I can handle-we are usually in bed by 9pm too.

Same here, if not earlier.

A good Canadian Whiskey and a diet caffeine free cola for a mixer

Korbel XS Brandy or Crown Royal on the rocks

Miller High Life in a bottle for beer

A Gentleman's Choices

Makers Mark in the Red flask and Glenlivet 12 yr old Scotch in the Green flask. We never partake before or during the hunt...really not until everything is done and the GUNS are put away for the day. Their is usually some type of cigar that accompanies the end of the hunt "nip".

:cheers:

Fine selections, old chap. Impeccable timing -- after the gunplay -- as well. Hunting, a pony or two of fine whiskey, and a cigar. Aaahh, the hunter's way of life.

Onpoint, I don't drink much anymore been over a week since I have had a beer. But when I do drink a beer, I agree with you, Miller High Life. A good old simple beer......Bob

Onpoint, I don't drink much anymore been over a week since I have had a beer. But when I do drink a beer, I agree with you, Miller High Life. A good old simple beer......Bob

Bob, I'm just like the guy in the High Life commercial. checkered flannel shirt, fried bacon, beer brats, sour kraut kinda guy.

Landman, Geno is from Wis. More bars in more places Heck, I have friends from Wis. I think they put beer on their cereal in the morning. LOL

Back