What trips do you have planned?

I'm going to take my second retirement trip. Last year was MT, ND and SD. Came home when the stock market went down in December, saw the credit card bills and went back to work. Now I am really going to retire. Heading to Nebraska for the second week of their season, with a short stop in Idaho to try for some quail and chukars. Than to Kansas for the second week of their season and who knows after that, maybe back to ND or south to Arizona for quail. Never have hunted Kansas or Nebraska, hope to find enough land to stretch my legs out. Don't need a lot of birds just the experience of new places. So if you see a suburban with Alaska plates, filled with swamp collies ,stop and say hi.

Mn opener with friends. South Dakota in November. Missouri In December. Kansas in January. Throw in a few long weekend trips also. Should be a good season.

I just returned from Canada on our annual DIY goose hunting. Hunting was good. I even got a banded eagle!

Going sheep hunting in 10 days then off to SD for 30 days pheasant hunting with old and new friends at my house.

Hope you all have a memorable fall.

Last edited:
I just returned from Canada on our annual DIY goose hunting. Hunting was good. I even got a banded eagle!

Going sheep hunting in 10 days then off to SD for 30 days pheasant hunting with old and new friends at my house.

Hope you all have a memorable fall.
I can offer 10 dollars a day.

Joel here's what I got:

Banded Coral Harbour Nunavut Canada 7/21/18

Bird hatched 2017 or earlier.

That is awesome Bobby. Did you see the band before you shot him? A few years ago we shot a banded snow in Canada and even before we picked the birds up my buddy said, I saw a band on a bird before I shot it! I never think to look at their legs or feet when I am shooting. Kinda cool to see the history of the bird.

Back