what kind of dog do you run ????

I hunt with a brittany, he is a good hunter and a great family dog. I'm looking to get another dog. I'm thinking about a vizsla, GWP or a small munsterlander.

Labrador Retreiver........

I enjoy hunting with shorthairs and brittany's also, golden retrievers, I like them all.

But I will always have a lab, to me they are the best all around dog, hands down. That's just my opinion.

Last edited:
First time Drahthaar owner here.

As someone who grew up with labs, I can tell you "This ain't no lab!"

Can be a pretty high strung dog without proper exercise but so can any dog. Prey drive like no other and I honestly think he likes to retrieve more than any lab I ever owned.

I always knew I wanted a pointer and for years was set on a GSP but the looks and breeding of the Drahthaar won me over and I know that I made the right choice.

At 6 months of age this little firecracker came home with a NAVHDA NA 112 pt Prize I.

IMG_0077.jpg

Promised myself I'd wait till he was 2 before I brought home another one. Can't wait for that time to come.

He's 8 months now and we've been after birds but need the crops to clear ande some snow on the ground before we can really test him. He'll do fine though I'm sure.

Anyway, that's the dog I hunt/live with.

GerenVE

Saw a PP run the UT when I ran mine for his NA. Great dog that impressed everyone around. VERY impressive drive which I expect from a PP. Great looking and working dogs. Gotta admit I like the bearded dogs!

GerenVE

Saw a PP run the UT when I ran mine for his NA. Great dog that impressed everyone around. VERY impressive drive which I expect from a PP. Great looking and working dogs. Gotta admit I like the bearded dogs!

GerenVE
Where were you at for the test? Date? Uncle Buck
________
BABY MAC

Last edited:
Ive got a 2 yr old GSP, and I just bought a GSP pup, both females.

2 year old is white/liver

pup is roan/liver ticking...will post pictures later

Back