Weekend Plans?

Obsession

I am heading out early Saturday morning for a one day break from home improvement! After taking a month break for the holidays, I am excited to get back out again. I was told my many hunters this fall that "the crowds" disappear in January, and I hope to find that to be true.

So who are the die-hards? Who will be going out this weekend?

I plan to head out this weekend. Will hit some private ground in east Adams county on Saturday and stay the night at a friends house. Then to Washington county on Sunday. If I don't have much action I will drive into Yuma county. Was thinking about taking my 2wd ford ranger to save on gas. How are the roads out there? Do I need 4X4?

Yes its a big group of us, but after the last time we were out in the Holyoke area it would have been nice to have a large crowd with some of the half sections and quarter sections we were hunting. The first field we walked we easily pushed up 100 plus birds and only managed to bag 2 birds. That seemed to be the same problem we faced all day walk the big fields and see lots of birds way out ahead of us and no one to help block.

I hunt over a GSHP and all I can say is what a awesome dog she is turning out to be. She is on her game and only getting better every time we go out and hunt.

Headin out too. Crowds dont vanish when the weather is nice. 2 weeks ago there was sunday snow... nobody was out where we were. Last week was different story.:cheers:

I'm very jealous. 11 days now of no pheasant hunting. The shaking has started to set in. In all serious I hope you have an awesome hunt and go GSP'S!

Going it alone!

Seems both of my buddies have bailed on me yet again. Sounds like a great time to meet new hunting buds.

I plan on driving over early Saturday for a one day hunt. It is just me and mu Brit. If you too are looking for someone to go with, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

Seems both of my buddies have bailed on me yet again. Sounds like a great time to meet new hunting buds.

I plan on driving over early Saturday for a one day hunt. It is just me and mu Brit. If you too are looking for someone to go with, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

I wish I could make it out there with you but I'm heading up to the mountains. Good luck and let me know how you do.

Still Looking

Hey gang,

I am still looking for a good fit for hunting tomorrow. If you too plan on going and wouldn't mind some company, please send me an PM before 10:00!

They are wild boys - boy are they wild!!! :) Got skunked today for the first time all season long...Been spoiled rotten, pretty much able to pick my days with the weather in my favor up until now - but Fri was the only day this week I could get out, & with the warm weather and the snow all gone it was back to the running-&-flushing like a wild banshee...The pheasants win one day out of eight so far (but it's still hunters up 7-1)! :D

Had a great day anyway! The dogs worked good, saw lots of new country, made a couple new friends, & finally found a wad of birds and got permission too late in the day to really work em' - but notes have been duly taken & tomorrow is always another day! Love it!!! This is why they call it huntin' boys! ;)

LOL!!! Hen,Hen, Rooster. I think I might just stay home or shoot em off the road. Not really but they dang sure are wild. I see em often and I dont think they are meant to be shot afoot. Maybe off a high speed horse and some fast acting pointing dogs that you need the gps range finders for.

Heh-Heh-Heh EPM - too funny!!!

I have seen the genteel horseback-&-dog thing for quail, but the mental image you just planted in my head of a 4x "fast-forward" version for these wily roosters - would be a real hoot as a comedy hunting video (better even than 'TK & Mike')!!! :D

Back