Week after Thanksgiving

esetter

Hunted all last week in NC Kansas. Best quail #'s Ive seen. Most of them were in very thick , woody draws and nearly impossible to hit. Definitely not complaining.
Saw plenty enough pheasants to keep us entertained. Found most of them in or near milo. We all got sick , I will blame that for poor shooting. It started out good , We hit a WIHA that bordered the interstate further east than we usually hunt. Got a covey and a rooster up. 1 quail and a rooster in the bag. Nothing special looking at all about the area either , we were surprised! We walked right up on a group of about 8 chickens , we were totally taken off guard. This is the closest I've ever been to a pc other than one my friend pass shot. We all missed.......
Ended up moving 20 something coveys. Killed 5 pheasants. Wounded 2 that weren't recovered.Missed WAY too many. We saw more pheasants on a little piece of private we have permission on than in any other area , mostly roosters too. Had we shot better it woulda been one of the better trips. Was still fun!!!

Back