Webguy and UGUIDE at Large in SoDak for the Opener

reckon I got u mad for asking?

Pretty tough to ruffle UGUIDE (Chris's) feathers! We just got our limit day 2 and are cracking some beers watching the Vikings getting worked so fare 14-7. Let's see if they can win.

Pretty tough to ruffle UGUIDE (Chris's) feathers! We just got our limit day 2 and are cracking some beers watching the Vikings getting worked so fare 14-7. Let's see if they can win.

sounds good, I am a Colts fan myself, maybe someday the Vikes will have a good quarterback:D

sounds good, I am a Colts fan myself, maybe someday the Vikes will have a good quarterback:D

Oh man. You are lucky. Payton is one of the best.

Vikes are just a debacle and the QB situation is always failure. I think if they don't win today, we are done. Of course that's my opinion.

We are headed over to the neighbors to eat a pheasant dish here tonight, so I'm pretty pumped about that.

Webguy and UGUIDE will once again be teaming up for the opener. We'll also be hunting with some of the neighbors which you may have seen in some of the old UGUIDE photos.

DCP_0006.jpg

My favorite photo of all time... probably because we just got done eating pheasant from Roy's wife (on the truck). Bunch of great guys in this photo.

Quail

Didn't think Bobwhite's could survive the winter weather in SD. But I can see where there is lots of great habitat for them. Someone needs to come up with a bigger hardier breed of quail that will proliferate in the colder climate. A guy that raises quail here in S. Indiana sold me some larger brownish/red quail that he called Tennessee Reds? Anyone heard of them? Released them the end of August last year....and shot one January 13th two days before the season ended. So they survived over 4 months in the wild! I'm hoping there might be some still surviving this fall....be interesting to see if any are still around.
I released 20 and we shot 6 of them last fall.

Didn't think Bobwhite's could survive the winter weather in SD.

That make's 2 of us. So we did some digging and asked the neighbors and one of the neighbors has seen a couple coveys but didn't know if those were raised or what. When I first looked and saw the black/white head from the distance, I didn't believe it. I told my friend Andy those were quail and he said those were partridge. I said no they are quail, but what the heck are they doing in SoDak? So, whatever we got them to flush up in a covey and I shot 1. UGUIDE's dog Bailey retreived for us. I suppose we could have shot more but we were quite surprised and shocked at the same time.

I do agree it would be cool if someone could come up with a new breed of quail that could survive in the tougher weather in SD, that would be good. This is my first quail in the US. I did shoot several quail down in Mexico a couple years ago.

Back