Web Site to Check out

Tallgrass

This is a link to eBird a project run by Cornell University to log bird reports of all types from around the world. Tons of data about all your favorite birds and all sorts of ways to view and filter the information for all types of birds. Could be a very powerful tool for waterfowl, upland, etc. if you spend some time poking around on the site I think you will figure out what I mean. It becomes even more powerful as more and more people participate in the site by adding bird reports. I would hope if you find the site useful that you also add to it by submitting bird reports from time to time (or often) it is very easy to do.

www.ebird.org

Very cool, thanks for sharing! None of my "secret" spots are marked, maybe that's why they are secrets.:D I wonder how birders would feel if they knew this has the potential to put hunters on birds.:eek:

Last edited:
Aren't we all birders maybe just of a different sort. Honestly I imagine the vast majority of "birders" are not anti-hunting and probably don't mind terribly that hunters might use some of this info to plan a trip or to learn about the changes in bird populations over time. I would imagine the only thing they might like in return is for a few hunters to submit reports from time to time!

I mean I would gladly trade a couple of Bald Eagle, Rough Legged Hawk, American Robin sigthings for a few reports of Greater Prairie chicken or Bobwhite quail reports. Sounds like a fair trade for me.

Last edited:
I am definitely a birder, always on the look out. My favorite bird is actually a king fisher. I have personally ran into a few birders who were definitely anti's however. I will be contributing to the sight, I think its a great idea.:cheers:

I am definitely a birder, always on the look out. My favorite bird is actually a king fisher. I have personally ran into a few birders who were definitely anti's however. I will be contributing to the sight, I think its a great idea.:cheers:
I also signed up with the site and with the bee count project too--both good projects I think.:cheers:

Great site! Some of the reports are right on the money, thanks for sharing.

Back